Prospecting with Seminars

Revit750

Curious if anyone here is doing educational seminars regularly as a prospecting method for medicare supplement supplement/advantage business. If so, any recommendations for mailers?

Curious if anyone here is doing educational seminars regularly as a prospecting method for medicare supplement supplement/advantage business. If so, any recommendations for mailers?

My advise is don't waste your time doing educational events as you can't do any marketing before,during or after the event.Do a marketing event that is filed with the carrier/cms then you can sell but even that is kind of a long shot in the lock in period.

My advise is don't waste your time doing educational events as you can't do any marketing before,during or after the event.Do a marketing event that is filed with the carrier/cms then you can sell but even that is kind of a long shot in the lock in period.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still a little new to this. I'm guessing I glossed over this in my AHIP training. I was planning on targeting T65 folks. Is there a CMS rule that for educational events you can't do any follow up to attendees? Or offer them a consultation at the end of the event?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still a little new to this. I'm guessing I glossed over this in my AHIP training. I was planning on targeting T65 folks. Is there a CMS rule that for educational events you can't do any follow up to attendees? Or offer them a consultation at the end of the event?

That's right because you don't have PTC .The best you can hope for is that an attendee ask for your business card and calls you.

I don't really get the rules (I don't sell MAPD) but there are people who do seminars and get a lot of results from them. I think they work, but its like everything else, it takes some time to get it built it up

It depends on the definition of "educational"

I do seminars at churches, and they always specify "educational" but I always file them as sales event. As long as no sales is done on premises they are ok with that. Just set an appt for a later date someplace else.

If by CMS definition, don't do it.

Back