Question About Prospecting Low Income for MAPD.

I am new to the business, I am having a really hard time getting to see people. I am selling Care Improvement Plus which is a great 0 premium plan for people with chronic illness. My insurance group has been providing free leads, but they are not really providing me enough people to see and they are very limited amounts. I am contracted to sell med supps, but haven't gotten into it yet. My questions is this: If I buy a list of low incomes in my surrounding counties, can I call them go and see them and then if they can't buy a med supp and have a chronic illness can I just fill out a scope of appointment form and then write them up? Has anyone on here done this to sell MAPD's?

Your cold calling with the intentions to sell a MAPD. Thats not a good idea...CMS will find out and you dont want that..just learn to sell med-supps and forget about MAPD..

Or pay for a mailing yourself for low income people. That's what I've been doing lately with great results. (And no, you can't have a copy of my mailer).

Rick

I would venture a guess and say your "leads" are not "free". You are most likely paying dearly for them in the reduced amount of commission you earn. However, I may be wrong.

I am new to the business, I am having a really hard time getting to see people. I am selling Care Improvement Plus which is a great 0 premium plan for people with chronic illness. My insurance group has been providing free leads, but they are not really providing me enough people to see and they are very limited amounts. I am contracted to sell med supps, but haven't gotten into it yet. My questions is this: If I buy a list of low incomes in my surrounding counties, can I call them go and see them and then if they can't buy a med supp and have a chronic illness can I just fill out a scope of appointment form and then write them up? Has anyone on here done this to sell MAPD's?

Tread carefully!:goofy:

You say you have a good chronic illness plan but what about a regular MAPD? I did one ci and it was a pain in the butt, having to get a letter from the doctor confirming that the client had a condition. Do yourself a favor and cold call for med supps or tell the person you explain all of medicare and when you get in the home, go from there to find out their entire situation..

Back