Re-Certification

It is easy to stop the madness if:

1. do not work T65, do not work internet leads
2. only market to rural counties
3. only market to individuals with higher household incomes
4. only market to 68 years old or above
5. concentrate on people who already have a med sup

easy peazy

So, concentrate on a particular, (seemingly) small slice of the market? Sounds like a nightmare.

We complain about AHIP and the restrictions, but it's still worth it. The vast majority of your Med Supp sales will buy a Part D. You'd prefer they talk to another agent about it, that can potentially knock you out of the house?

$28 + 150 new clients/year (or however many Supps you write/year) = $4,200 in additional income that you're leaving on the table for essentially no work other than running their meds through a formulary finder. Not to mention renewals.

Not to mention and most importantly, it is a extremely high value service to most seniors.

We all do it our own way, but I'd rather they never talk to another agent about anything, and I be their one stop shop. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Curiously.....no carrier is offering reimbursement for AHIP this AEP. or am I missing something?

I got $50 off through UHC. The true price of it went up to $175, so that may be why you think there's no discount. I know that was my first thought.

Is $50 off about what one should expect, or are there better deals out there?

Last edited:
I got $50 off through UHC. The true price of it went up to $175, so that may be why you think there's no discount. I know that was my first thought. Is $50 off about what one should expect, or are there better deals out there?

In the past, some carriers would reimburse the full amount based on production.

Looks like Humana is reimbursing full amount if you write 10 mapd or 40 PDP again

That's good to know.

Cigna-HealthSpring just came out with something called Pinpoint that takes the place of AHIP, with them. I am not aware of any other carriers who will accept the Pinpoint training instead of AHIP.

Best business model ever. Charge whatever you want, add a couple of stupid questions every year and soak every medicare agent (or whoever is paying it for them) in America once a year.

Footnote: This is not an answer in the FWA section.
Probably owned by someone with close ties to CMS!

Back