Is this Release Copasetic?

Mick_Keyou

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just a little confused. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I'm trying my best to follow all of the advice on this forum. I've contacted an FMO that has been frequently recommended on this message board. I contacted them regarding an upfront release and they responded with the following: As long as the agent is in good standing with the carrier seeking to be released from and is not during AEP but upfront releases are not something we provide.

Is this release statement sufficient? I'm trying my best to prepare properly for the future as everyone suggests. I have all my contracts printed and ready to fax. I'm just hesitant from all of the stories that I've read on here. Again, this is one of the reputable FMOs that have been posted on here many times.

Find a different FMO. What does AEP have to do with a release? What's the carrier? For example; if it's UHC, I'll give you a full release and the same level.

As long as you don't take up a ton of their time with training or carry a large balance from advances, most uplines will not have a problem releasing you.
If you receive a lot of training and then want to jump ship the second someone new comes along with a few extra dollars on your contract, it may be difficult to get that release. Most normal people would think you owe them a little time.
Just one man's opinion.

As long as you don't take up a ton of their time with training or carry a large balance from advances, most uplines will not have a problem releasing you.
If you receive a lot of training and then want to jump ship the second someone new comes along with a few extra dollars on your contract, it may be difficult to get that release. Most normal people would think you owe them a little time.
Just one man's opinion.

Actually reminds me of a great joke I heard yesterday.

There is this agent who is a huge, huge believer in upfront releases. He has gotten into huge pissing matches with FMOs about this.

Well, this agent decides to contract agents in a particular product line. The agent even develops a mailer for this product that is getting awesome returns. He taught a newbie all about the product line and how to sell it. Well, newbie can sell it now and is suddenly ready to jump ship to the agent's upline for a little extra comp.

Suddenly agent is all that hot on granting immediate releases.

Just a little confused. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I'm trying my best to follow all of the advice on this forum. I've contacted an FMO that has been frequently recommended on this message board. I contacted them regarding an upfront release and they responded with the following: As long as the agent is in good standing with the carrier seeking to be released from and is not during AEP but upfront releases are not something we provide.

Is this release statement sufficient? I'm trying my best to prepare properly for the future as everyone suggests. I have all my contracts printed and ready to fax. I'm just hesitant from all of the stories that I've read on here. Again, this is one of the reputable FMOs that have been posted on here many times.

Who is the FMO? ksjdlkfjdkj

There is this agent who is a huge, huge believer in upfront releases. He has gotten into huge pissing matches with FMOs about this.

Well, this agent decides to contract agents in a particular product line. The agent even develops a mailer for this product that is getting awesome returns. He taught a newbie all about the product line and how to sell it. Well, newbie can sell it now and is suddenly ready to jump ship to the agent's upline for a little extra comp.

Lesson to be learned.
Not always a good idea to give upfront releases. Such as in your scenario.
Some people take longer to learn that lesson, but at least they learn it.

That same agent was always giving me crap about it too. Maybe you can teach an old dog how an old trick works.

Agents want an upline that will invest in them.
Agents want an upfront release.
Agents get mad no agents will train them.
Agents fail because they don't have the right training.

I had lunch with an agent the other day and it blows my mind how he's sold ANY FE with the lack of training he has. Not a bad guy and obviously he's figured some of it out, but definitely needs some help to take it up a few notches. Got me thinking about recruiting again.

Josh is talking about me.:)
We talked some about my experience and training, but did not get into great detail about it. Could I use some more training? Sure. Lack of training? I will agree to disagree with you.

The biggest reason why I am not selling more is my lack of good leads, not my lack of training. I have, to my on detriment, depended on telemarketed leads. I realize after trial and error I should be depending mainly on mail drops.

I also realize that the more people I see, the better my pitch will become, and that will translate into more sales. Of the people I get to sit in front of, I am closing over 50%.

The thing about AEP doesn't make sense.

They don't want anything in writing for a reason.

Is this release statement sufficient?

No its not. Without it in writing, you have nothing.

I'm trying my best to prepare properly for the future as everyone suggests. I have all my contracts printed and ready to fax. I'm just hesitant from all of the stories that I've read on here. Again, this is one of the reputable FMOs that have been posted on here many times.

If I was signing multiple contracts, I'd get the release in writing.

Last edited:
Back