Repetitive CE Couse Selection- Disqualified

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I Felt accomplished that I had finished my 24 hours of WEB-CE courses over a few days. Then, I receive an e-mail from Web-CE that warned me that Texas will not accept the same course selection completed within a 24-month period. I tried to call State licensing to find out if they might accept it, but they were closed due to the holiday. Web-CE will let me pick another course at no charge, but thEY will charge for the SIRCON transmittal. And of course, there's the extra investment of time!! I've never had this happen before. Anybody else have experience with this situation?

It's standard. This is generally why CE filers often change/update the course numbers so it'll register differently for those repeating the course after a couple of years.

Of course, there are some that are allowed to be duplicated, such as ethics and/or long-term care CE. But any 'generic' life-only CE courses... yeah, you'll need to alternate those.

That's why I always go to the DOI site to review the courses I've taken most recently before starting a new course. It's not that the courses are hard. It's just as wehotex pointed out, the time lost is the most frustrating.

Back