(RESELLING)Why is My Persistancy of with This Company?

scottishX

Expert
Hi All, Been in FE for 5 years now. Have sold with 6 different companies and there product lines for FE. All in all have around the same retention on biz that's 1 year old, say 80 to 85% on (submitted) business.

That's except for one! 65-70% is the best I can do with company "X", and that's looking at a five year picture. I've inquired threw the years with my up-line, and others I've come to know with this and always get different versions of "the company line". They say the economy is bad or something to that effect.

Well recently a customer called to cancel, and told me company "X" had been calling every since I sold them. Trying to sell them other (BS) in there words. That the Mrs. signed up for identity theft, and they started taking it straight from there acct. under company "X s" name with no signed authorization! They apparently got here to sign up for one month free, and she forgot to call,and request a form,to be mailed, to sign,to mail back in, to cancel!

So with much confusion I called company X. Not only identity theft, but many other BS products where being crammed down my hard earned customers throat. This wasn't the first time an existing customer had mentioned this to me, just the first time I put 1 and 1 together. I mean WTF!

I have called up-line with the other companies and have yet to find anyone else doing this. Also called company X upline and come to find out, X is partners or owns these sub companies reselling everthing from cancer policies to dental care to identity theft to whom no's what else! All of the back of my work, or at least with a dame good preapproche.

For example: say my mortgage company calls to verify my address or whatever. Thinking its my mortgage company I'll probably answer the phone. Then I'll most likely listen and answer there reason for calling. Now they have my attention. As a salesman getting to that point, getting past the proverbial wall is step 1 on any product. It would be very easy to transition to some offer at this point and all under the pretense that I'm talking to my mortgage company.

I just wonder if anyone thinks its costing me in persistancy? Thank's:skeptical:

Last edited:
The obvious solution is to not sell anymore for that company.
Why don't you tell who they are so we can all be aware of the problem?

Yes I'm new and don't post much. Hope this helps with

the reading. AS to which company "Russ" is right..... Is

this known and accepted by there top agents? Or do

they just resell there non-captive agent's biz?

I suspect an EVIL GENIUS behind this :confused:utfit!

Last edited:
Too difficult to read the #1 post. Please use paragraphs.

Good, it's not just me ... I couldn't follow.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yes I'm new and don't post much. Hope this helps with

the reading. AS to which company "Russ" is right..... Is

this known and accepted by there top agents? Or do

they just resell there non-captive agent's biz?

I suspect an EVEL GENIUS behind this :confused:utfit!

That's better ... but it seems newby understood and he can definitely help you!

Last edited:
Yeah Jody, don't you know you're supposed to fix spelling and grammar when you quote someone. At the very least you should type [sic] after the misspelling, so we know you are literate.:GEEK:

Back