Results to Expect from Sales Seminars

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
I'm getting free leads from two MA carriers (one is a large regional player and the other is a startup) this AEP.

So far, I've done four sales seminars from the first company and none yet for the second. I collected about 35 permission to contact forms and gave out several business cards.

I've been following up with everyone, and leaving messages as hardly anyone picks up their phones. I do have a few appointments scheduled and a few to follow up with in January as they aren't T65 until next spring/summer.

I'm just wondering what kind of results others have gotten. It seems no one wants to sign up right there after, maybe because it's so early on in AEP?

Also am waiting for my lead flow to hit so I can start trying to set those appointments.

I'm getting free leads from two MA carriers (one is a large regional player and the other is a startup) this AEP.

So far, I've done four sales seminars from the first company and none yet for the second. I collected about 35 permission to contact forms and gave out several business cards.

I've been following up with everyone, and leaving messages as hardly anyone picks up their phones. I do have a few appointments scheduled and a few to follow up with in January as they aren't T65 until next spring/summer.

I'm just wondering what kind of results others have gotten. It seems no one wants to sign up right there after, maybe because it's so early on in AEP?

Also am waiting for my lead flow to hit so I can start trying to set those appointments.

This is my experience, but I'm the absolute worst at asking for a sale.

I don't do seminars (yet), but I am referred to people by Financial Planners. My lead cycle is 6-9 months. Today, I did Medicare 101 for someone whose Part B date is 3/1. There were a couple this week that are 5/1.

During T65 and AEP, the amount of mail and phone calls seniors get is ridiculous. They are absolutely deluded. Its ridiculous. So they get the info and leave. And they damn sure aren't picking up the phone.

My advice would be to tell them that you don't want to be a PITA. When they fill out the card, tell them they are going to get an email on X (I always do Friday or Monday morning) and the subject is SEMINAR GUY. ( Or something equally silly). They know its you and they open it.

It will establish your credibility. Tell them thank you and can we schedule a 1 on 1. 3 more Friday emails if you don't get them scheduled. The 4th email says "I don't want to be a pest, so if I don't hear back, I will remove you from my follow up list. Have a great day!"

At that point, if you don't get an answer, they didn't like you.

They aren't going to answer the phone.

Hang in there.....

I've done seminars for a large Florida insurance company and had some pretty good success but lots of it depends on the plan being offered.

One year I had almost a 50% enrollment rate, the next year it was about 10-15% and most of it was the plan available.

My experience has been that if I don't get the enrollment immediately after the seminar (or an appointment set) they will just move on to the next seminar and eventually make up their mind.

If you are establishing a rapport in your first meeting (phone conversation), right before hanging up "Just one more question if you don't mind. What is your favorite color?".

That catches them off guard. Sometimes they ask why you want to know. Most of the time they will tell you.

Most men say blue.

Women are all over the boards.

Whatever they say, write it down.

"When I email you, or call, I will remind you that your favorite color is blue. If someone calls and doesn't know your favorite color, it's not that crazy guy from Atlanta"

I guarantee this. You can call in a week, a month or 3 months. If you start off with "Your favorite color is blue" they will know exactly who you are.

If you are establishing a rapport in your first meeting (phone conversation), right before hanging up "Just one more question if you don't mind. What is your favorite color?".

That catches them off guard. Sometimes they ask why you want to know. Most of the time they will tell you.

Most men say blue.

Women are all over the boards.

Whatever they say, write it down.

"When I email you, or call, I will remind you that your favorite color is blue. If someone calls and doesn't know your favorite color, it's not that crazy guy from Atlanta"

I guarantee this. You can call in a week, a month or 3 months. If you start off with "Your favorite color is blue" they will know exactly who you are.

Love, love, love this!!!!!!

Here's another try at standing out from the crowd... "I know two things for sure...this is a very confusing time for you... and you aren't sure who to trust. So I begin with a no-sell meeting...strictly aimed at discussing your goals and concerns. If there might be a fit, we'll talk about pursuing further, if not, we shake hands, no problem, and you'll be better informed going forward.

I don't know of anyone doing local marketing campaigns that are having good results. Keep hearing that the insurance carriers are making every effort to cut us out, even advertising $10 gift cards, part B give back plans, and DE with the rx mail order benefits.

There are a few seminar mtgs going on that are full. They are metro areas and seem to get the reponse. How many sales?? I don't know.

The others that are further suburbs seem to have paltry response. So mktg people can try to figure this out.

A fellow agent in W-mt had 0 sales last week. He spent a lot of hours there too. He's hoping for a few be-backs...:D

I did Coventry seminars for four years, their advertising and draw was horrible. Last year most of the attendees were people that were already on the plan and wanted information on the plan changes. This year I'm saving my frustration and time.

One of my main carrier rep said that seminars seem to have dropped in attendance over the last few years. He was thinking that seniors are just tired of them.

Back