Retired Bell South Employee - MAPD

I'm speaking in general terms, not just this case. Just because you've passed you AHIP doesn't mean you know it all. Experience is the best teacher and you keep pissing on some of the most experienced agents on this board instead of being a little humble. Even though you keep telling him to get off his high horse, he still keeps giving you little nuggets and you don't even catch it because you've blinded yourself to it via your own ego. Just back up a little and chill out. You'll learn more.

No offense Todd - please show me where *icky has provided any worthy advice? Then he gets on this post and is completely wrong (unless I am missing something) . . . He hasn't done one thing except make it personal attacks . . .

Atleast JD, Newby, Amtrak, etc give me solid advice alongside the snarky remarks at times . . .

By the way - AHIP was pretty worthless. I'm meeting with my area reps for Aetna and UHC after AEP and will get any unanswered questions - answered.

I most def want to do it right - thus the reasons for my posts . . .

But - I do appreciate you Tk . . .

No offense Todd - please show me where *icky has provided any worthy advice? Then he gets on this post and is completely wrong (unless I am missing something) . . . He hasn't done one thing except make it personal attacks . . .

Atleast JD, Newby, Amtrak, etc give me solid advice alongside the snarky remarks at times . . .

By the way - AHIP was pretty worthless. I'm meeting with my area reps for Aetna and UHC after AEP and will get any unanswered questions - answered.

I most def want to do it right - thus the reasons for my posts . . .

But - I do appreciate you Tk . . .

No, I'm not going back through the different threads to prove my point. Take it or leave it, but the nuggets are there. Not every time, but they are there.

No, I'm not going back through the different threads to prove my point. Take it or leave it, but the nuggets are there. Not every time, but they are there.

You and others are trying to help someone who -

Tells us insurance isn't rocket science.
Tells us he passed AHIP and it was too easy.
Tells us he has an upline that offers training yet he constantly comes here for info.
Consistently tells us that he wants to keep things simple because seniors won't understand. (The problem is HE doesn't understand).
I offered to help him years ago and did the same when he came back here. Guess his ego got in the way.
Believes it's easy to cross sell MA plans to FE clients.
Failed in the past and is looking forward to doing the same things again.

He came back as if he was god's gift to insurance. He needs to humble himself and apologize for looking down his nose at those of us who already know better. He will harm his prospects/clients because he doesn't know what he's doing.

Other than that (and there is more), I'm sure Timmy will be a success at something, sometime. It just won't be insurance.

Rick

My Rule #1 when dealing with retired Federal or corporate employees with retirement benefits is to immediately say, 'You should keep what you have' and move on to the next prospect.

It lets me sleep at night, gets me additional referrals for being a stand up guy, and keeps both my clients and me out of any potential danger because I didn't understand some aspect of their benefits.

While there may be some opportunities to help that segment sometimes you have to be an expert in the plans, benefits, and any of the reimbursement programs before you can even open your mouth, period.

My Rule #1 when dealing with retired Federal or corporate employees with retirement benefits is to immediately say, 'You should keep what you have' and move on to the next prospect.

It lets me sleep at night, gets me additional referrals for being a stand up guy, and keeps both my clients and me out of any potential danger because I didn't understand some aspect of their benefits.

While there may be some opportunities to help that segment sometimes you have to be an expert in the plans, benefits, and any of the reimbursement programs before you can even open your mouth, period.

That's nice. If only they could keep what they have. That's not an option. They have to do something else. The only issue is who helps them get that something else.

That's nice. If only they could keep what they have. That's not an option. They have to do something else. The only issue is who helps them get that something else.

My girl friend is a retired Federal employee (25 years at Social Security) and simply transitioned her coverage to Medicare benefits recently, it didn't take anyone else to help.

If I get a retired Federal worker on the phone when they are turning 65 there is always a predisposition for them to keep their benefits through the government and I just don't feel comfortable tackling a move away from them.

My focus is on advising clients and showing them the best options for them and if I can't put myself in their position and decide to do something then I won't suggest it.

I understand there are opportunities but unless you are an expert at all of the rules and regulations it can be a disaster, particularly since if the wrong choice is made there is no opportunity to go back to the employer/government offering.

I have plenty of clients who truly needed my help and stay with me for a very long time, if I walk away from some others it's no big deal.

My girl friend is a retired Federal employee (25 years at Social Security) and simply transitioned her coverage to Medicare benefits recently, it didn't take anyone else to help.

If I get a retired Federal worker on the phone when they are turning 65 there is always a predisposition for them to keep their benefits through the government and I just don't feel comfortable tackling a move away from them.

My focus is on advising clients and showing them the best options for them and if I can't put myself in their position and decide to do something then I won't suggest it.

I understand there are opportunities but unless you are an expert at all of the rules and regulations it can be a disaster, particularly since if the wrong choice is made there is no opportunity to go back to the employer/government offering.

I have plenty of clients who truly needed my help and stay with me for a very long time, if I walk away from some others it's no big deal.

We're not talking about federal employees. We're talking about AT&T retirees and the company no longer providing retiree medical care. They have to go elsewhere to get it. The company aligned with a 3rd party, AON, to help with the transition. But AON doesn't have all the competitive carriers.

And you're kinda right that they can't go back to the employer offering if they make a bad choice. But they can't go back if they make a good choice either.

There is no opportunity to go back. And why should people pay more just to go with the agent of the company choosing? They have to use an agent. Why not use the agent of their choice?

It seems you missed the whole point of this thread.

We're not talking about federal employees. We're talking about AT&T retirees and the company no longer providing retiree medical care. They have to go elsewhere to get it. The company aligned with a 3rd party, AON, to help with the transition. But AON doesn't have all the competitive carriers.

And you're kinda right that they can't go back to the employer offering if they make a bad choice. But they can't go back if they make a good choice either.

There is no opportunity to go back. And why should people pay more just to go with the agent of the company choosing? They have to use an agent. Why not use the agent of their choice?

It seems you missed the whole point of this thread.

The thread starter was about someone already on a Humana MAPD and whether they could switch to Aetna through an agent who barely understands these products, not about a supplement, and typically morphed into a more wide ranging conversation but whatever.

The thread starter was about someone already on a Humana MAPD and whether they could switch to Aetna through an agent who barely understands these products, not about a supplement, and typically morphed into a more wide ranging conversation but whatever.

That part is true but he was still talking about an AT&T retiree. Yes, the discussion did also talk about GE and Whirlpool because they are doing the same thing. They are ending employee retiree coverage. They are giving a stipend for the retirees to buy their coverage on the open market.

Yes, there are rules to follow to make sure they get reimbursed. But there is no option to just stay with the employer coverage.

Back