Rio Tinto Retirees

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone ever hear of this company? I just had a lengthy discussion with a retiree from American Can Company who thought they were being pushed onto individual coverage.

When I call the Rio customer service line, I get a pre recording about going to One Exchange and the individual options. I'm not sure how big this company is but might be another domino falling.

Rio Tinto is one of the worlds largest mining companies. I believe they are based in Australia, but they run the largest open pit copper mine in the world out here in Salt Lake County.

One Exchange is the platform used by Towers Watson. Check the particulars of any HRA deposit to see if there is a tie in to purchasing coverage from TW.

Some of these HRA's require you to purchase ALL coverage through the consultant while others say you must purchase at least one of the following, MA, Medigap, PDP

Rio Tinto is one of the worlds largest mining companies. I believe they are based in Australia, but they run the largest open pit copper mine in the world out here in Salt Lake County.
Do you have any Kennecott (RioTinto) retirees as clients? How would you rate their benefit options?

What can we bring to the table for these folks?

Do you have any Kennecott (RioTinto) retirees as clients? How would you rate their benefit options?

What can we bring to the table for these folks?

I dont. The only ones I have run into have coverage similar to medigap Plan F. Their drug coverage wasn't great, but the folks that were there before Kennecott sold out to Rio Tinto were not paying much for it.

Back