Rough start

bigeats

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This has been a rough start for me this year. Everything from not being able to enroll in Humana because of not being able to select a PCP (in a PPO plan, no less) discovered later to be a browser compatibility issue; not being able to enroll in Aetna because each client thus far lives in a zip code which spans multiple counties - and a glitch in their program is keeping the plans from showing up after the county is selected; having overall crappy luck in navigating Cigna's website at all to get certed; Medicare.gov wouldn't show me plan details for a client whose yearly cost was in excess of $7K for the cheapest plan - and not to mention that the plan choices are fewer and the benefits don't seem to be as good... and the premiums in many cases is higher... so I'm spending more time with my clients just to fully map out their options...

... it's been hateful. Tomorrow, I have to drive and hour to go sit through the in person for Cigna, as I have too many clients who will need it this year because everything else for them sucks or is too expensive.

If your AEP is moving along smoothly - breathe a sigh of relief, 'cause it ain't that way for everyone...

Re: I Could Choke Somebody!

Sounds like my AEP so far. Having meetings and no supplies.
I received 3 aetna enrollment kits no DESNP from Humana and nothing from
Coventry. My CarePlus arrived today Kits and PD yes- NO APPLICATIONS!!

Everything is so screwed up this year and all my clients are being coldcalled by
various entities/call centers.
What the hey! It's only money.

Better times are coming- I know it.

Have a great tomorrow.:goofy::twitchy:;)

Re: I Could Choke Somebody!

Oh Hell! I forgot! Yes they've been hounding my clients to get them to come out to various in-person get togethers... I know Aetna for sure - and I think Humana might have been doing it, too - can't remember - but you know they're trying to scoop our clients.

One of my clients was telling me about it today, but she was so excited that we would be talking about the Cigna plan together instead of her talking to some bozo at Cigna... LOL

But yeah, Aetna left a bad taste in her mouth and she wanted no part of them...

Sounds like you might be having technical issues with electronic enrollments. If all else fails,use paper.don't lose the sale

Sounds like my AEP so far. Having meetings and no supplies. I received 3 aetna enrollment kits no DESNP from Humana and nothing from Coventry. My CarePlus arrived today Kits and PD yes- NO APPLICATIONS!! Everything is so screwed up this year and all my clients are being coldcalled by various entities/call centers. What the hey! It's only money. Better times are coming- I know it. Have a great tomorrow.:goofy::twitchy:;)

I have the care plus apps if you need me to email you it.
At least you're getting anything from aetna/coventry. They still don't have me as ready to sell, Even though I finished the contracting in August, the online training in the beginning of sept and the face to face at the end of sept.

Sounds like you might be having technical issues with electronic enrollments. If all else fails,use paper.don't lose the sale

I don't lose sales. Long before we go to enrollment - my clients are sold on ME. I'm not everyone's agent - and I tell prospects how I do business and what to expect from me. If they don't kick me to the curb from the get-go - then they'll gladly wait for me to resolve any technical difficulties... and I'll make them raving fans over time.

I'm more of a quality over quantity kind of broker.

I have yet to sell a plan, due to me still not being finished with my BCBS certification. I keep failing the modules, and keep having to ask BCBS to let me retake the certification exam, but so far nothing.

This has been a rough start for me this year. Everything from not being able to enroll in Humana because of not being able to select a PCP (in a PPO plan, no less) discovered later to be a browser compatibility issue QUOTE]

What browser was the problem?

Back