Sales Objections for Final Expense?

Yeah, the no checking account objection is tough. I've learned to ask that question during fact finding instead of it coming out during the close.

At first you might think it seems awkward to ask them, but they'll answer you. Right before I give them rates, I just say, "Mrs. Jones, so I know which company would be best for you, let me ask you a question: do you have a checking account, a savings account, or both?"

They'll answer you. If they say they have an account of some type, then I say, "The reason I ask is because in order to get the cheapest rates, companies nowadays want your bank sending the payments in automatically every month. Does that make sense?"

They'll either say, "yes, that makes sense" or they'll give you some type of objection about not liking to do it that way blah blah blah. Either way, it's better to answer the objections here on the front end instead of getting them when you're trying to close.

If they say they don't have any type of account, then I'll show them either American-Amicable, Settlers, Sentinel, or UHL--the only companies I have that'll do a direct monthly bill.

I guess quarterly payments aren't a terrible idea if you can get them, but if people don't have a checking account, then they usually don't have any money anyway...certainly not enough for 3 months of premium.

Last edited:
Overcome this objection, cuz I ain't stopping............

"""BEWARE OF DOG"""

pit_bull1241544141.bmp

If you don't like Pits you can't sell in Kentucky. They loves their Pits out here.

* I don't have a Checking/Saving Account

* Mail me something
You know Mrs Client I would love to mail you something to look over, however when I originally started helping folks like yourself I decided I was going to be different. I made the decision to offer a service that my mom would be proud of, and you know Mrs Client I think if she were still alive she would be proud.

Do you want to know what I decided to do Mrs Client?

That simple decision was to be the best at offering my clients the absolute best in customer service. In doing so, we moved away from mailers. After all you don't like junk mail do you.

---I have normally stopped the mail me something there, if not I move on---

Mrs Client, if I were to mail you something. What is it that you wanted to look over?

I see, you know that's a common question and actually we can get a 3way call with X home office so you can speak with customer service, or if your by a computer we can go there and I can show you.

I am glad you asked that question, because it means you are sincere in taking care of your loved ones when you pass.

* I am on a fixed income
Yes, I know exactly what you mean Mr. Client. Actually the majority of my clients are on a fixed income, and that is why they called ME first. They know, or have heard that X company offers products that fit nicely into fixed incomes.

There is no obligation to hear to what X Company has to offer you, and I think you will be surprised to find that it fits nicely into your monthly budget.

--I believe if I can get a presentation I am that much closer to a sale. Many people have told me this, and after I give them the rates they are surprised it isn't more.

* I already have insurance
That is great Mr Client, is it life insurance or final expense insurance? because you know Life insurance is set up to replace lost income, while Final expense is there to pay your funeral expenses. Also, most FE Insurers will pay their claims to your beneficiary within 48hrs, some insurance companies take weeks! Did you know that? Do you think the funeral home will wait for weeks to be paid? No, your family suffering that burden of the payment.
-----------------------
How long ago did you get this policy? wow, 15years ago, and it is 3,000.

have you had to bury anyone recently? How much did that cost? Were you aware that average funeral today is around 7,000. Mr Client I am not sure about you, but if I died today my wife couldn't write a check to cover the remaining 4000, yet alone 7000
-------------------------------------------

I have by no means perfected my style. I am still learning, and don't really have any scripts, or templates that were handed to me. I have some things a couple of friends gave me, but I am not using them because there are just some things I am not willing to do to acquire a sale.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If they don't have a bank account just do a monthly bill and move on. It's not as good but better than no sale at all.
Quite a few companies will do monthly bill.

Which companies offer a monthly bill, and still allow telesales?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping this thread going and replying with quality answers.

Great, I have American Continental, they will write you all the way to age 89. Sign here!

When I said I'm over 85, I should have been more specific and said I'm 90:
No problem, NC Mutual will let folks up to age 90 take out a brand new policy. Who did you want all that money to go to?

Latest posts

Back