Sales Objections for Final Expense?

JFG

Hi,

What are the typical objections that you hear from seniors in regards to final expense?

Thanks

Last edited:
what did you say.....my hearing aid battery is dead.....you might have to come back....

I already have that taken care of...(is it a paid up policy or are you still paying on it?)

I have some money in savings mother can use to bury me...(isn't she going to need that money to replace the social security check that she loses when you pass?)

That state will take care of me, just burn me up and throw me in the trash!...(usually they only do that if you have no assets. Isn't your house paid for already?)

Those are the ones I hear most of the time. But then again, I just usually take an AARP Med Supp F at $180 and sell them a Sentinel F for $140 that includes 10k FE and they still save $500 a year. Its all in showing the bottom line to a lot of broke seniors.

Already got my cemetary plot and coffin picked out did the pre-paid funeral at the funeral home

<did they tell you that doesn't cover the ceremony?>
<that's great, but I'm thinking you might want something to pay the medical bills>
<is that really going to be enough?>
<you do know that social security won't keep mailing 2 checks to the house when one of you pass, don't you?>

1. The procrastination objection or any one of its variations:

"I need to think/pray about it."
"I never make a decision until I [do some other thing; i.e. talk to financial adviser, minister, children, etc] first."
"Can I get a card?"

2. The financial objection or any of its variations:

"I can't afford it."
"I don't get paid until the 3rd."
"We only pay our bills with cash."
"I don't like payments coming out of my bank account automatically."

3. Most other objections you'll hear--i.e. "I don't care what they do with me when I die"; "I have this taken care of at the funeral home"; "I already have insurance"--are typically a function of the salesperson not bringing the prospect to an understanding of the need for final expense life insurance.

Back