Same Client Has Called Over 10 Times on PDP Plan

Believe me G Gordon I've done that numerous times with the lady. I have plenty of clients. I don't need any referrals nor do I really want them at this time of the year. I've just never had a client become so obsessed with a drug plan. I'm not even writing her a drug plan. I just ran her prescriptions and sent her the printouts. I told her to call the drug company herself and enroll over the phone.

Then if all else fails

Do as others said either don't pick up or keep saying I cant talk now Ill call you back

Either way its not that big a thing Pearson will stop calling

I had that with a medi/medi I did not want to sign
I talked with her a while
She called 3 time I asked for referrals

Nothing was happening
I was satisfied with myself as I gave as much help as I can for free

I told her there is nothing more I could do and she kept calling

I just did not pick up after a week she stopped

It sounds like you don't sell Part D, just do comparisons as a service for clients? I would say: "As you know, I do annual Part D comparisons as a service for my clients but don't actually sell the plans. I hope the information I've provided has been helpful, but XYZ company would be the best resource for answering your questions about XYZ plan specifics."

I learned my first year in the business that there are limitations to being too nice/helpful. I helped a lady do a Part D comparison on Medicare.gov, answered her questions, and she chose a plan and signed up direct through the company. Then, the plan changed the formulary mid-year and she called to say "But you told me...". Now I'm getting yelled at for my goodwill.

Not happening anymore. If you don't sell the plan, you shouldn't service the plan. "Ma'am XYZ company's phone number is..."

Don't take her calls anymore it is as simple as that. If you acidentally pick up a call from her hang up while you are talking. She will think the call was disconnected and don't answer when she calls back. Put her on hold while she is talking and leave her there and don't answer when she calls back.

Don't take her calls anymore it is as simple as that. If you acidentally pick up a call from her hang up while you are talking. She will think the call was disconnected and don't answer when she calls back. Put her on hold while she is talking and leave her there and don't answer when she calls back.

I that idea!.....................:laugh:

Tell them to call Medicare direct because they're the experts.

You have been taken down, what we call, the Rabbit Hole.

Never let someone take you down the rabbit hole, control your calls.

Thanks Bevo, she called again today after 5 pm and left voice mail.

If there is an agent you don't like, just refer her to that agent. Give her the agents name and number and tell her that agent is the expert in this area and would be happy to help her.

I've had the same client call me over 10 times in the last 30 days over a drug plan. I try and be as patient and polite as possible, but at this point I don't know what to do about this person. The person half the time just talks about random things, nothing to do with insurance. They know I'm extremely busy. They're really not even my client anymore, I had written a plan in the past but recommended something else that I don't even make a commission on to try and help them out.

How do you deal with someone like this? I don't know if their just lonely or if their now a secret shopper and they just want to see how far they can push your patience. It's taking away soooo much time from helping my true clients. I just don't have the heart to say quit calling! For the most part the person is quite nice, I just can't keep taking the calls. It's gotten to the ridiculous point

Tell her that you would would love to help her but that your new E&O insurance policy excludes coverage for damages caused by the dissemination of non commission-able product knowledge advice and opinions ...... it's an insurance thing mam I'am sure you understand that I can't jeopardize my livelihood over this.O.K then. Buh-Bye

I have over 300 clients, I'm about ready to keel over from exhaustion on trying to help them in such a short time period. Most of them med supp clients. Some take care of their PDPs on their own but most want help. They do refer people and most times I hate it, especially this time of year.

The government had enough people/agents complaining about AEP happening during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and they changed it.

If you can change your Medicare supplement anytime throughout the year why not a $15 - $40 drug plan. It's too stressful on some of these retirees and very very stressful on the agents

Back