Same Client Has Called Over 10 Times on PDP Plan

I have over 300 clients, I'm about ready to keel over from exhaustion on trying to help them in such a short time period. Most of them med supp clients. Some take care of their PDPs on their own but most want help. They do refer people and most times I hate it, especially this time of year.

The government had enough people/agents complaining about AEP happening during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and they changed it.

If you can change your Medicare supplement anytime throughout the year why not a $15 - $40 drug plan. It's too stressful on some of these retirees and very very stressful on the agents

Because the government is not involved nor pays the premium for a supp.

I am beginning to think most medicare agents are unable to multi task. 300 clients is easy to manage as well as all the referrals they send.This business isn't hard if you excel at time management.

I am beginning to think most medicare agents are unable to multi task. 300 clients is easy to manage as well as all the referrals they send.This business isn't hard if you excel at time management.
Really. 300 was easy compared to now. I long for the workload of those days (just not the renewals).

by the way, I said over 300 just to give you an idea. It 's sometimes hard to add more clients during the year because you know what's coming your way during AEP

Another benefit of good time management skills is it frees up a lot time to putter around internet forums like this one.

I have over 300 clients, I'm about ready to keel over from exhaustion on trying to help them in such a short time period. Most of them med supp clients. Some take care of their PDPs on their own but most want help. They do refer people and most times I hate it, especially this time of year.

The government had enough people/agents complaining about AEP happening during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and they changed it.

If you can change your Medicare supplement anytime throughout the year why not a $15 - $40 drug plan. It's too stressful on some of these retirees and very very stressful on the agents

Well I'm not going to post a jerk comment here but if you can't handle 300 med supp clients yourself I would suggest you start looking into automation tools big time. A solo agent can easily handle twice that much if not more even without an Admin.

Sounds like you're putting yourself out there too much and not giving direction. Make a screen share video for your clients to teach them how to shop for their own Part D. Or find an affiliate. Do something, but I won't give you any sympathy. There are ways, you just haven't gone out and found them.

BTW I know this first hand with FAR more clients than you.

You've just entered....the "No Excuse Zone."

I'm having difficulty believing you manage over 300 clients and you're asking us this type of question?

Not to be a smart a$$, but seriously ??? !!!

:-0

Have over 300 clients myself.

I find most PDP's are ok I should do more to reach out on these at this time of year (In the future I will)

but I find most that do call are not that long a call

I am now keeping drug list ID from Medicare.gov in my records for future use
to make things easier next year.

I do let my clients know I do PDP as service to my clients.
When I get referrals it is almost never just for stand alone PDP

I do get leads sometimes where they are looking for PDP only
I feel them out If I feel By giving formulary check will get me into conversation about Supp then Ill do it other wise I don't get into it.

Just got to sometimes say No I cant help you Sorry.

they don't have a problem saying the same when they don't want to buy

----------

by the way, I said over 300 just to give you an idea. It 's sometimes hard to add more clients during the year because you know what's coming your way during AEP

I don't understand

Are you saying you don't write buis during the year out of fear of having to do PDP during AEP?

I know that's not what you are saying

----------

Well let's hear your secret on how you do it

It really isn't that bad 300 plus

My goal is 1000 active should be almost half way there by jan 1

would not even be thinking about staying in buis if it were that hard to manage 300

Sometimes if you take care of the client when you have down time and not when you are hell bent and busy this relationship, and that is what this is, can flourish into a referral source because of your patience. Sometimes just taking the time to help this person is paying it forward.

Last edited:
Back