Same Client Has Called Over 10 Times on PDP Plan

Thanks Vic120 for the constructive comments. I'm finally writing down those prescription ID #s also. For a couple of years I just always emailed the results to myself from Medicare's website and I was able to pull up their past medications but Medicare has taken away that feature along with not being able to email at all. I swear they just want to make things as difficult as possible.

For those giving me crap about having a hard time helping over 300 clients the original post was about one client in particular wanting to suck up all of my time. We all have clients that do this. I try and be polite and nice but was just so frustrated with this one client. I've just never ever had a client call that many times. I was pointing out the craziness of it all. Other agents gave some funny advice, (give them to an agent you hate, etc).

I'm just trying to do the best I can. I have a 16 year old son who just got his drivers license (fun) and for the past 2 years I've had my mother and father in law move in with us because of health problems, mother in law passed last July from Pancreatic cancer and father in law has dementia, finally had to put him in assisted living because he wandered in the middle of the night and ended up in the hospital.

So, I guess there are other issues in my situation. I appreciate the advice and kind words from the majority of you from this post. I try and help out as well. I pointed out that Medicare made a mistake on that United American drug plan and had walmart as a preferred pharmacy offering $0 copays on generics when it wasn't, CVS was the preferred pharmacy. I know G. Gordon had to go back and let people know that he enrolled and others did the same. That's what this boards about right???? Helping and venting!

Last edited:
Thanks Vic120 for the constructive comments. I'm finally writing down those prescription ID #s also. For a couple of years I just always emailed the results to myself from Medicare's website and I was able to pull up their past medications but Medicare has taken away that feature along with not being able to email at all. I swear they just want to make things as difficult as possible.

For those giving me crap about having a hard time helping over 300 clients the original post was about one client in particular wanting to suck up all of my time. We all have clients that do this. I try and be polite and nice but was just so frustrated with this one client. I've just never ever had a client call that many times. I was pointing out the craziness of it all. Other agents gave some funny advice, (give them to an agent you hate, etc).

I'm just trying to do the best I can. I have a 16 year old son who just got his drivers license (fun) and for the past 2 years I've had my mother and father in law move in with us because of health problems, mother in law passed last July from Pancreatic cancer and father in law has dementia, finally had to put him in assisted living because he wandered in the middle of the night and ended up in the hospital.

So, I guess there are other issues in my situation. I appreciate the advice and kind words from the majority of you from this post. I try and help out as well. I pointed out that Medicare made a mistake on that United American drug plan and had walmart as a preferred pharmacy offering $0 copays on generics when it wasn't, CVS was the preferred pharmacy. I know G. Gordon had to go back and let people know that he enrolled and others did the same. That's what this boards about right???? Helping and venting!

I agree with Vic, I think he was right on and I am in nearly the same situation as him, around 500 personal production, have some significant down line as well. I can sympathize with you a bit, I understand your personal problems add to the stress. My wife has some serious health issues and we have a 3 year old so life is crazy. Maybe try and schedule all your PDP reviews for one day and leave the rest to new biz. If anyone calls for pdp questions just tell them hey, I will put you on my calendar for Friday and call you then. Let that day or whatever day your choose be your PDP review day. Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. But, I agree with the other comments, you should be able to handle 300 clients and still grow your book. I take all the referrals I can get, like Vic said, 1,000 active is my end goal. I know Westfall who must have a huge book takes all the referrals he can get. Referrals are usually lay downs also, I don't know why you would every complain about a referral or new biz.

I'm not complaining about referrals, I'm just stating I really don't want them or need them this time of year. My post was about a client calling over 10 times about a PDP plan but mainly just seemed to call and what to talk about random things and how annoying it is. Other's said they had similar experiences. I don't know how this got to be about a totally different topic.

I'm not complaining about referrals, I'm just stating I really don't want them or need them this time of year. My post was about a client calling over 10 times about a PDP plan but mainly just seemed to call and what to talk about random things and how annoying it is. Other's said they had similar experiences. I don't know how this got to be about a totally different topic.

Because you are saying you don't want or need referrals this time of year. This is the easiest time of year to grow you book. Why would you not want or need referrals? YOU said it. If you don't want them, I'll take them and give you a referral fee.

bpenn9 you're not familiar with the Michigan plans and what goes on in this state....look into it

Ok 0707. Like I said if u can't handle it I can. Im not doggin on you. YOU are the one saying yoy dont want referrals and are hesitant to write new business because of future workload it might bring you. I'll figure it out but that's just me. If you are happy with 300 great.

Some seniors feel that they have basically no one to talk to. So they'll try to engage their insurance agent or some other salesman who will come out to the house or whatever, even if they already have a competitor's product and won't consider switching.

Just refer him or her to the company's customer service and explain that you don't or can't service that product.

Last edited:

1 last thing I will say is if you rely on writing everything down paper its going to be much harder

I am working with Radius bob CRM since july and its helped a lot having everything a little more organized

Now that I have experience with a CRM and know the value of it
I will be shopping for a better CRM next year

Even besides that I have a lead management tool from FMO
I think it would be a more difficult task with out the right tools

Latest posts

Back