Same Client Has Called Over 10 Times on PDP Plan

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I've had the same client call me over 10 times in the last 30 days over a drug plan. I try and be as patient and polite as possible, but at this point I don't know what to do about this person. The person half the time just talks about random things, nothing to do with insurance. They know I'm extremely busy. They're really not even my client anymore, I had written a plan in the past but recommended something else that I don't even make a commission on to try and help them out.

How do you deal with someone like this? I don't know if their just lonely or if their now a secret shopper and they just want to see how far they can push your patience. It's taking away soooo much time from helping my true clients. I just don't have the heart to say quit calling! For the most part the person is quite nice, I just can't keep taking the calls. It's gotten to the ridiculous point

Pretend another call just came in and you will get back with them "SOON".

Another time "you were going to call them right after this important call first."

I'm sure you can think of others.

I've had the same client call me over 10 times in the last 30 days over a drug plan. I try and be as patient and polite as possible, but at this point I don't know what to do about this person. The person half the time just talks about random things, nothing to do with insurance. They know I'm extremely busy. They're really not even my client anymore, I had written a plan in the past but recommended something else that I don't even make a commission on to try and help them out.

How do you deal with someone like this? I don't know if their just lonely or if their now a secret shopper and they just want to see how far they can push your patience. It's taking away soooo much time from helping my true clients. I just don't have the heart to say quit calling! For the most part the person is quite nice, I just can't keep taking the calls. It's gotten to the ridiculous point

Caller ID........................don't answer the call.:yes:

I've had the same client call me over 10 times in the last 30 days over a drug plan. I try and be as patient and polite as possible, but at this point I don't know what to do about this person. The person half the time just talks about random things, nothing to do with insurance. They know I'm extremely busy. They're really not even my client anymore, I had written a plan in the past but recommended something else that I don't even make a commission on to try and help them out. How do you deal with someone like this? I don't know if their just lonely or if their now a secret shopper and they just want to see how far they can push your patience. It's taking away soooo much time from helping my true clients. I just don't have the heart to say quit calling! For the most part the person is quite nice, I just can't keep taking the calls. It's gotten to the ridiculous point
On my cell phone I have a contact named SPAM. When I get a recruiter robocall I save the phone number under that existing contact. I've never used it for a client or prospect, but if it got to the point where one went that far, that's where I would put the number.

On my cell phone I have a contact named SPAM. When I get a recruiter robocall I save the phone number under that existing contact. I've never used it for a client or prospect, but if it got to the point where one went that far, that's where I would put the number.

I have a contact listed as do not answer and I place annoying recruiters.... Have thought about putting a couple PITA customers why is it always the people you were trying to help out.

Drive to their house spend the day with them and try and answer all their concerns. Should they have questions next week go and see them again. I mean come on man can you not come up with a better thread than this.

I hear you man, completely. I agree, put on caller ID. Sounds like you are a quality agent that cares as I am I or so I like to believe. Next time he calls I would flat out say that you are busy, you are not compensated for your time that you have been helping him out. Also, that you do your best to to help everyone out and would appreciate some referrals. Hell, tell him you will help his friends out with their PDP also. That should open up some doors for some supp biz. I know it's frustrating. I've done my share of good will as well.

Are you the type of agent that waits for the client to ask you to please, pretty please, write them some insurance? Or do you close deals?

Same here, "Mrs Jones, have I answered all of your questions about the drug plan, (YES) ok then, I really have to go, feel free to call if you have questions about the plan, goodbye." Don't wait for a further response after she says she has no more questions.

Honestly every enrollment period there are a few clients that eat up a lot of time

A lot of time the right answear is stay with same plan put they want to go over and over all the options

When it gets to be too much and serves no purpose
I will just keep asking them to send referrals
ask the to purchases secondary products and such

You will either make more money or they will stop calling

I have 1 that calls me and takes an hour of my time every time she calls.
I don't pick up when I am busy
I call back at a convenient time
and after being a client of mine for 2 years she has sent me 5 referral's

You know what this is the business
Sometimes I make a great commission off of very little work
Sometimes not so great commission and a lot of work

But in the end all things work together to make a solid business

Believe me G Gordon I've done that numerous times with the lady. I have plenty of clients. I don't need any referrals nor do I really want them at this time of the year. I've just never had a client become so obsessed with a drug plan. I'm not even writing her a drug plan. I just ran her prescriptions and sent her the printouts. I told her to call the drug company herself and enroll over the phone.

Back