Say Good by to Medicare Supplements in 2014

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I just read a post from Anthem posted on my face book page about Medicare part B premium going to $ 247.00 a month starting in 2014 under Obama sCARE.

bill3173 said:
It doesn't matter, we will have one Medicare system for everyone in a few years, and med supps will be a distant memory. Med supp agents are in the same denial that health agents were a couple of years ago.

So if we had a "one Medicare system or everyone" wouldn't that make med supps easier to sell?

What is this? An armchair politician group or a forum for insurance professionals? Come on, cut out this stupid stuff and act like adults who care about their profession. There's enough going on legitimately that we don't have to scare others with political posturing.

Thanks, Allday, for the snopes link.

I just read a post from Anthem posted on my face book page about Medicare part B premium going to $ 247.00 a month starting in 2014 under Obama sCARE.

The part B increases in premiums are tied to the cost of living increase for SS. So for that to happen the beneficiaries would get just a 250% increase in their month check. I bet they wouldn't squeal too much about paying an extra $147/mo if the checks went up that much.

Back