Scope of Appointment Agreement - Coventry Translation

scottfree

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This is from Coventry last night. The part I highlighted in red is what is going to make it hard for me to help as many clients as I can in the short time frame that CMS has given us.

I get calls from referrals all the time and although I do have an office, 75% are in home appointments because of the 5 county area I work. I make appointments alot of the time the same day and as I am driving from each appointment. This rule makes it near impossible to see people in a timely manner. These are peple that call me and now I am supposed to send them a SAC form for them to sign before I can go and see them which for the most part will be a week later.

What happens when I get a call on Dec. 30th and someone wants help? I almost want to be the example, do my job as usual, have people sign the SAC form and explain the ridiculous rules that CMS is setting and if I get in trouble tell them to take away my license and let me bring all my clients as witnesses on my behalf to testify that all I have done is help them out with all the confusion that CMS has caused with their many rules.:mad::mad::mad:

Scope of Appointment Agreement

§

If an appointment is requested by the beneficiary, you must disclose all product types

to be discussed, i.e. MA, MAPD, PDP, PFFS, during the appointment.
§

The beneficiary must agree to the scope of products to be presented to them prior to

the appointment date.
§

The agent must secure the scope of appointment documentation prior to the

appointment.
§

The Agreement must be in writing (signed by the beneficiary) or a recorded oral

agreement if made by phone.
§

The Appointment Forms must be a Coventry/CMS approved document.

§

Forms may NOT be completed at the time of presentation. A beneficiary cannot

agree to scope of appointment by phone and then sign a form at the beginning of
the sales presentation. CMS prohibits forms signed at the appointment.
§

If you are unable to record a telephonic agreement of the scope of appointment,

you must mail an Appointment Form to the beneficiary in order for their
completion and return to you prior to the appointment date. The form must be
returned to the agent prior to appointment.
§

Plan or agent documenting the agreement is not acceptable, whether done in

writing or using an electronic contact documenting system. Must have signed

Appointment Form or recorded oral agreement.

Ok, I have vented a bit. I have written all my Senators and Congressman and now I am going to write a letter to the editor to all the papers in my area. I want to let people know what the hell is going on. What profession has to jump through hoops like this plus being told that we cannot make a decent living?

I know from a UHC agent that they are told they can leave the form with the client, if the client did not return it by mail, and come back 1 hour later and proceed with the appointment. I am repeating what I have been told from a informed and reputable source. It seems the interpretation of the rules are different from company to company. Where I am at Coventry accounted for the bulk of the marketing violations and issues last year and may be reacting a bit to that. The rules for Humana are very similar, here.

If you give the client a 10 minute window of when you will be there (say between 1-1:10 depending on traffic) and you show up at 1:00, get the form signed and then start the appointment at 1:05, technically you got the form signed before the appointment and not at the beginning.

Splitting hairs? Yes. I have been on several appointments. One client said this was "ingenious of our Government" (sarcastically) and signed it.

My question...how will they enforce this? There is no way of Medicare to know when the appointment was set.

My FMO for Coventry is Senior Market Sales and they just emailed me a generic SAC form very similar to the one you emailed me. In fact I was just getting ready to email it to you because it is only one page.

Do you still want it ? :yes:

This is from Coventry last night. The part I highlighted in red is what is going to make it hard for me to help as many clients as I can in the short time frame that CMS has given us.

I get calls from referrals all the time and although I do have an office, 75% are in home appointments because of the 5 county area I work. I make appointments alot of the time the same day and as I am driving from each appointment. This rule makes it near impossible to see people in a timely manner. These are peple that call me and now I am supposed to send them a SAC form for them to sign before I can go and see them which for the most part will be a week later.

What happens when I get a call on Dec. 30th and someone wants help? I almost want to be the example, do my job as usual, have people sign the SAC form and explain the ridiculous rules that CMS is setting and if I get in trouble tell them to take away my license and let me bring all my clients as witnesses on my behalf to testify that all I have done is help them out with all the confusion that CMS has caused with their many rules.:mad::mad::mad:

§

If an appointment is requested by the beneficiary, you must disclose all product types

§

The beneficiary must agree to the scope of products to be presented to them prior to

the appointment date.
§

appointment.
§

§

§

§

§

Ok, I have vented a bit. I have written all my Senators and Congressman and now I am going to write a letter to the editor to all the papers in my area. I want to let people know what the hell is going on. What profession has to jump through hoops like this plus being told that we cannot make a decent living?
depending on your state,the pffs they can sign the form at the appointmentbut the ppo you either have to send it to them to sign to send back or 3 way call.....

§

§

the appointment date.
§

appointment.
§

§

§

§

§

coventry told me if the person calls you follow the guide lines,on the pffs,not ppo they can,can sign it at the time of appointment this is in va.

huh? I need translation software.

If you make absolutely no effort to write an intelligible response, why bother? Sorry, but this could be an informative thread, if the responses are decipherable... ;)

Arrange the dates on the forms to make Coventry happy, with the client in on it. It's a stupid rule and will never stand up in court.

A moral agent has nothing to worry about.

Back