Scope of Appointment Instructions

ksigmtsu

Guru
1000 Post Club
I had an idea today while I was mailing scopes out, I thought other people might like having a form like this.

It's word format, the logo image is in the header and can be easily edited out or replaced, feel free to use this for yourselves.

All it is is a very basic 1 page form that explains what a scope of appointment form is, and how to fill it out.

Index of /documents then click on the file to download.

I love it, but have you ran it by a carriers compliance department to see if they think you need CMS approval? Good rule of thumb, you should have a CMS approval number on EVERYTHING you put in front of a beneficiary. EVERYTHING.

Since the sheet of paper does not discuss plan specific benefits it doesn't need a CMS approval from what I know. I send out form letters with thank you notes, to people who I can't contact, etc also.

Do I need a CMS approval on my business card now too? :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why can't you copy and paste the text in this thread?

Well.. in a very simple sense because I used graphics inside the letter, along with arrows, I could make it a PDF but if I do that then it wouldn't be possible to remove my information from the letter for someone with word or openoffice or anything else that can open a word file.

The document itself is half pictures showing with arrows exactly where to sign and initial the documents.

Last edited:
Since the sheet of paper does not discuss plan specific benefits it doesn't need a CMS approval from what I know. I send out form letters with thank you notes, to people who I can't contact, etc also.

Do I need a CMS approval on my business card now too? :)

The difference is it's a sales/marketing tool. Again, I would check with a carrier rep that knows what the hell they're talking about and ideally have them run it by compliance.

I'm sending it to CMS and asking them myself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
turns out they have an email to ask questions at [email protected]

Last edited:
Yep. If they ever send one. I called Medicare twice in the last week, tried to call cms, I've actually been attempting to find out what they think about this but they make it impossible for agents to contact CMS. CMS appears to be there to protect the carriers, not us.

Back