Scope of Appointment Storage, How Are Agents Doing It?

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
In light of HR6331 a.k.a. MIPPA, how are agents storing Scope of Appointment forms? Are most of the carriers doing this? Filing cabinets? Hoping they don't get audited?

Looking forward to the feedback!

In light of HR6331 a.k.a. MIPPA, how are agents storing Scope of Appointment forms? Are most of the carriers doing this? Filing cabinets? Hoping they don't get audited?

Looking forward to the feedback!

When required, I send a copy along with the application that I fax, and keep the original, along with a copy of the app in a file cabinet.

Stapling it to the application, and filing it.

If it doesn't result in a sale, keep them in a file folder (a SMALL file folder for the small number that did not buy).

One agent said she was going to throw them away after she saw the policy was issued. I told her maybe she might ought to not do that.

Stapling it to the application, and filing it.

If it doesn't result in a sale, keep them in a file folder (a SMALL file folder for the small number that did not buy).

One agent said she was going to throw them away after she saw the policy was issued. I told her maybe she might ought to not do that.

I think that is good advice, Joe. I agree.

I'm keeping them in the person's file. Of course, the privacy act says you are to destroy personal information after 90 days. CMS says you are to keep it for 10 years.

What's an agent to do?

yup, they are paper training us.

Mine go in the client file. Nobody has Made me send them in and I am not volunteering unless someone withholds commission.

yup, they are paper training us.

Mine go in the client file. Nobody has Made me send them in and I am not volunteering unless someone withholds commission.

The plans are supposed to audit agents and they're supposed to be readily available. I'm having my agents submit them with the app so the plan is responsible for them. I'm also developing software to, among other things, store the form and attach it to the lead.

Screw them. Make them ask for specific SOA's for specific clients. I've got them if they ask for them.

Back