Scope of Appointment

Yeah I just meant that, UHC probably wouldn't appreciate you sending an SOA with Humana's label on it or vice versa. That is what I meant with the labels, each one has their own fax #s and Names or Icons. Such like that. So of course a generic avoids that issue.

So...still...I am appointed to all the big 5 carriers. So when sending that SOA, do I send it to all 5 carriers that I represent since it may be that in my diligence I may sell any one of their plans...but won't really know until after the sale? :)
No. just submit it with the carrier you wrote, and file it for ten years.

Yeah I just meant that, UHC probably wouldn't appreciate you sending an SOA with Humana's label on it or vice versa. That is what I meant with the labels, each one has their own fax #s and Names or Icons. Such like that. So of course a generic avoids that issue.

So...still...I am appointed to all the big 5 carriers. So when sending that SOA, do I send it to all 5 carriers that I represent since it may be that in my diligence I may sell any one of their plans...but won't really know until after the sale? :)

lol I've done it before, never heard anything from them about it. In my opinion, an SOA is an SOA, it all basically says the same thing...

UHC wants you to send it to them whether you sold UHC or not. I doubt anyone does though.

Cigna sent me through retraining on their SOA module. For some reason, they STILL seem to think I need an SOA - even though I NEVER meet my clients face to face...

We'll see how many of their policies I write this year...

Cigna sent me through retraining on their SOA module. For some reason, they STILL seem to think I need an SOA - even though I NEVER meet my clients face to face...

We'll see how many of their policies I write this year...

I received an email last year from Cigna about SOA's not being submitted with the applications. I put on every cover sheet that the application was mailed to the client and there was no face to face meeting. For some reason they overlooked this on some of the cover sheets as they only asked about it on about half of the apps I sent. After I responded with an explanation I never heard another thing about it.

I received an email last year from Cigna about SOA's not being submitted with the applications. I put on every cover sheet that the application was mailed to the client and there was no face to face meeting. For some reason they overlooked this on some of the cover sheets as they only asked about it on about half of the apps I sent. After I responded with an explanation I never heard another thing about it.

Yeah, they flagged me on several of them back in January - and I alerted them to look on each application where they would find my explanation that no F2F occurred - and I thought that was the last I would hear about that... but noooooo.... I had a rapid disenrollment (only two weeks in) so I was jammed with some extra training. :-(

Yeah, they flagged me on several of them back in January - and I alerted them to look on each application where they would find my explanation that no F2F occurred - and I thought that was the last I would hear about that... but noooooo.... I had a rapid disenrollment (only two weeks in) so I was jammed with some extra training. :-(

Oh, because nobody ever changes their mind? One rapid disenrollment and they ding you? That's crazy. Fortunately I don't think I've had any rapid disenrollments with the exception of death. If I have it's only been one or two at the most. I try and make sure I've covered EVERYTHING prior to enrolling them. Doctors, medications, copays, etc. I probably go a little overboard with it just because I want to avoid confusion in the future.

But I still can't believe they dinged you over one rapid disenrollment. Maybe if you submitted two apps, but that doesn't sound like what happened. Just more of the frustration of dealing with MAPD.

I finally got an Ipad. I have figured out how to do Silverscript, MAPA (Humana) and United Healthcare (Lean) so far. What other companies are available on an app through Apple? Sorry this is off subject from the SOA.

Back