Scope of Appointment

Midlevel

Guru
1000 Post Club
Has anyone found a generic SOA for 2016 yet? I know some of the companies have them included in their kits but I like to just have a supply ready to send out as needed.

Has anyone found a generic SOA for 2016 yet? I know some of the companies have them included in their kits but I like to just have a supply ready to send out as needed.

What's wrong with the one we've been using for several years? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Rick

It's my understanding it has to be approved each year. Mine always have a date on the bottom stating when it was approved for the following year.

It's my understanding it has to be approved each year. Mine always have a date on the bottom stating when it was approved for the following year.

I've been using the one dated 06/12. Haven't seen a requirement that I need to stop using it.

If you have something from CMS I'd love to see it.

BTW, Humana isn't even including a scope in the 2016 kits.

Rick

When you use that generic SOA (probably to keep labels off of the forms), do you send that SOA to all the carriers you represent in the event you sell their plan?

When you use that generic SOA (probably to keep labels off of the forms), do you send that SOA to all the carriers you represent in the event you sell their plan?
Not sure what you mean by keeping labels off the forms but if carrier wants the SOA sent then I do send the generic.

Not sure what you mean by keeping labels off the forms but if carrier wants the SOA sent then I do send the generic.

Yeah I just meant that, UHC probably wouldn't appreciate you sending an SOA with Humana's label on it or vice versa. That is what I meant with the labels, each one has their own fax #s and Names or Icons. Such like that. So of course a generic avoids that issue.

So...still...I am appointed to all the big 5 carriers. So when sending that SOA, do I send it to all 5 carriers that I represent since it may be that in my diligence I may sell any one of their plans...but won't really know until after the sale? :)

Back