Scopes and 48 Hour Rule

supersupps

Guru
Does this fly? An agent gets a reply card from an MA mailer.. She contacts the prospect and tells him that she will be mailing out a scope etc etc etc.. Q 1. can you make the appt during that call, estimating that they will receive the scope on ,for ex , a monday and see them on a wed or a thurs? Q 2. The agent tells them they will be mailing out the scope,, etc etc explains it etc, then says that the only way that the agent can see them before the 48 hours after they sign the scope , is if they prospect tells them to please come to their home immed bec of xxxxx..

It's my understanding you can make the appointment on the first call. You just need the SOA before you can give a presentation.

If you get an inbound call from a MA lead card, you can set an appointment over the phone. You can fax or mail them the scope form. If the scope is not returned or there is not enough time for the scope to return (ie the appointment is set for the next day) you have to have the scope signed at the beginning of the appointment. Then, document why the scope was not signed in advance.

The 48 hour rule is for other product presentations. A scope will allow you to talk about MA and Part D. You may also discuss Medicare Supplement. Any other products (final expense, annuities) may not be discussed at the appointment. You will have to set an appointment for at least 48 hours after that presentation.

...(ie the appointment is set for the next day) you have to have the scope signed at the beginning of the appointment. Then, document why the scope was not signed in advance.

The 48 hour rule is for other product presentations...

This whole Scope thing drives me crazy :1confused:

I'd wait 48 hours from the time you have a wet signature. Unless you have a walk-in, sit-in, or a reasonable unfeasible reason. Are there many reasonable unfeasible reasons, like on a daily basis? -- CMS would say NO! :swoon:

I'm hoping that a legitimate reason for not mailing is that the postal system sucks and there is no telling when something will be delivered.

Rick

Back