The Secret to Selling Medicare Supplements

So an average of 1 client per day assuming you rule out weekends?

As long as you have the leads, then yes. Even three per week gets you close over a 3 year period. And during AEP you tend to write more because of people wanting to switch from MAPD or they are just confused and believe that is the only time they can change their Med Supp. Either way I tend to write more during that time period.

The key to this business (any line of insurance) is prospecting/leads. If you have a system in place to generate leads then you can likely succeed in this business. I haven't purchased a lead, done cold calling or any direct mail since about 2007. It's all referral. I keep threatening to get off my lazy butt and buy some leads or something. I'm even considering Jeff Root's system for term insurance. Just something to fill my slow time.

Up front, the Only problem i have with MedSups is the comm. level.

Quite Frankly, i don't know HOW agents make it selling a plan that only pays them 17% with an avg. prem. of $100/mth. That won't even pay for gas and a Sandwich at Subway!

What am i missing?
:skeptical:

Yes, selling med supps is an entire waste of time! I can barely eke out a living. Get out now!
I hear under 65 health is where it is at these days.

Yes, selling med supps is an entire waste of time! I can barely eke out a living. Get out now!
I hear under 65 health is where it is at these days.

Exactly. I mean just the other day I was driving home and wanted gas AND a subway sandwich. But I could only afford one of them.

The stress alone of having the making these choices as a med supp agent is about to drive me to U65 health myself.

The stress alone of having the making these choices as a med supp agent is about to drive me to U65 health myself.

Wait, what? It's going to make your health like it was when you were under 65 years old?

I choose to keep selling Med Sups even though I have to get a 6" sub because I can't afford the 12 incher. Keeps my pocket book intact and also my waistline. Kind of a win, win situation.

No weekends for me.....that's used for recharging batteries and enjoying family time.

That's the beauty of this business, you make your own schedule. And to be quite honest, with Med Supps there's no need to work weekends. You're dealing with mostly retired folks. That doesn't mean a person can't or shouldn't work weekends. But I'm like you, that's "me" time.

Up front, the Only problem i have with MedSups is the comm. level. Quite Frankly, i don't know HOW agents make it selling a plan that only pays them 17% with an avg. prem. of $100/mth. That won't even pay for gas and a Sandwich at Subway! What am i missing? :skeptical:

Nope. Nothing to see here.....

Back