Secret Shoppers

I get a strange call this morning:

Caller: Hello, I am new to medicare and I understand that you have the best medicare plans available.
Me: Yes, I do help people pick the best medicare plan for their needs. How did you get my number?
Caller: One of your clients gave it to me. She is so happy with the plan you put her on.
Me: What is her name, so I thank her?
Caller: I don't remember her name. All I know she is so happy with the medicare advantage plan she has. I want you to talk to me about the plan she has.
Me: Ok, I see you don't remember her name. Well I represent several companies. Do you remember the company she is with? Also do you know what you and her like the most about the plan?
Caller: Nope, I just know I need an agent to speak with me about medicare advantage, because I need help understanding it.
Me: Let me give you the number to 800-medicare because I am busy for the rest of the month and February.
Caller: No, I need you to come and discuss it with me, because I don't know how it works.
Me: I am very busy until March, here is medicare's number and they will be able to explain medicare advantage to you.

Its a shame that CMS wastes our time with these secret shoppers.

Can you ask someone if they are a secret shopper and do they have to tell you the truth? You know, kind on tv when like the "lady on the strret" asks the guy if he is a cop, and he has to say yes if he is? Ha, maybe I should keep it cleaner here.

If I get an unsolicited phone call and they can't tell me who referred them, I don't help them if it's about MA stuff.

It's that cut and dry for me.

If I get an unsolicited phone call and they can't tell me who referred them, I don't help them if it's about MA stuff. It's that cut and dry for me.

No doubt that is a wise way to handle it.

I get a strange call this morning:

Caller: Hello, I am new to medicare and I understand that you have the best medicare plans available.
Me: Yes, I do help people pick the best medicare plan for their needs. How did you get my number?
Caller: One of your clients gave it to me. She is so happy with the plan you put her on.
Me: What is her name, so I thank her?
Caller: I don't remember her name. All I know she is so happy with the medicare advantage plan she has. I want you to talk to me about the plan she has.
Me: Ok, I see you don't remember her name. Well I represent several companies. Do you remember the company she is with? Also do you know what you and her like the most about the plan?
Caller: Nope, I just know I need an agent to speak with me about medicare advantage, because I need help understanding it.
Me: Let me give you the number to 800-medicare because I am busy for the rest of the month and February.
Caller: No, I need you to come and discuss it with me, because I don't know how it works.
Me: I am very busy until March, here is medicare's number and they will be able to explain medicare advantage to you.

Its a shame that CMS wastes our time with these secret shoppers.

LOL. I entertained a secret shopper that was hired by BravoHealth to police its own agents. She was not a senior, not of the demographic that I serve and could not tell me how she was referred to me either. It was too funny. I met her at a coldstone creamery. Of course, she did not sign up and wasted my time. But I like your strategy better!

A question, why can't you state that you need to record the call for quality purposes, then have a bit of fun?

Since it's not AEP she'd need to be a dual? From my limited understanding of MA plans, as long as the prospect contacts you, the gloves are off - meaning at least you can't get hit for illegal marketing.

Why not get ALL of their info - need their name, address, phone number (then do a quick Google search on them while on the phone) etc...

Can you ask someone if they are a secret shopper and do they have to tell you the truth? You know, kind on tv when like the "lady on the strret" asks the guy if he is a cop, and he has to say yes if he is? Ha, maybe I should keep it cleaner here.

Actually, cops are allowed to lie about this. It is not entrapment for a cop to lie and say he's not a cop. So I would say secret shoppers are allowed to lie as well and say they are not.

A question, why can't you state that you need to record the call for quality purposes, then have a bit of fun?

Since it's not AEP she'd need to be a dual? From my limited understanding of MA plans, as long as the prospect contacts you, the gloves are off - meaning at least you can't get hit for illegal marketing.

Why not get ALL of their info - need their name, address, phone number (then do a quick Google search on them while on the phone) etc...

Spoken as someone not familiar with CMS rules. You don't know the depth of their bullcrap.

Prospect are not required to disclose much of anything, including name, address, phone, etc. You need to know zipcode and if they have A & B. Don't know how you ask their qualification for an enrollment period without asking. Medicare does not believe anything else is important.

If I've ever had a secret shopper I must have passed the test. Or my "greetings from CMS" letter just hasn't arrived yet.

Rick

Back