Self Made Direct Mail for Medicare Supplements

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am interested to find out how many of you all that use DM for Med Supps create the postcards or mailers yourself, what responses are your getting, content of cards, Is there a significant cost savings, etc..

Last edited:
Even if you could spend less you would get much less responses. The more generic the more responses and the more sales you get

Even if you could spend less you would get much less responses. The more generic the more responses and the more sales you get

I noticed at one point you were going to use premier agent marketing system, how did that work out?

I noticed at one point you were going to use premier agent marketing system, how did that work out?

Stopped it for now. It was $30 a lead card. I've been buying my other generic med supp lead cards still and I have a lady cold calling so I didn't want to spend more for now.

Any one ever use a Turn-Key Mailer for MAPD or SNP? The companies I have contacted all say their mailers meet CMS Generic Guidelines. My question is, will this satisfy carriers like UHC, Humana, etc. in terms of their CMS compliance rules.

Turn-key is where a lead company handles it all. You pay them say $450,00 per thousand mailed and you are notified when there is a reply either direct to you or to a clearing house. Re: Kramer, Target Leads etrc.

Oh I just see those as regular mailers.
If they are following cms guidelines then yes you can use them. You obviously can't put UHC and others names on there but if they replied to your card you can call them and follow SOA rules obviously.

You're allowed to direct mail seniors soliciting for ma? please show me an approved mailer for that?

I've done a self made direct piece to T65 for almost 2 years now. It's a 3 page insert with an intro about myself and the services I offer (being Indy, repping both sides of the fence, no costs for services). It them gives a ten tips section for a T65 (offered as a free birthday gift on the outside), along with a solicitation for guidance. I keep it very local to my county and its branded with my logo and a business card. I've got it down to about $1 a piece when its all said and done. I buy envelopes and cards from vista print and everything else is done at a UPS store. I think it works. The last mailer I did cost $2,200 and it generated $6,000 in 1st year commission. I like this route because people call me or request info on our website and there is no run around. My response rate is under 1% bit my close ratio is easily 95%. People know what they are responding for and are the type of consumer that appreciates guidance.

Back