Selling Hospital Indemnity and Cancer Plans to MA Beneficiaries

Re: Selling Hospital Indemnity and Cancer Plans to MA Beneficiari

Does anybody sell Hospital and Cancer plans to MA beneficiaries? I'm just wondering how you get around the CMS rules.

You might want to check the CMS rules before you ask how to get around them. You may be surprised.

Rick

Does anybody sell Hospital and Cancer plans to MA beneficiaries? I'm just wondering how you get around the CMS rules.

You don't "get around" the rules. You follow the rules to the best of your ability. No one selling MA plans is not gonna violate a silly ass rule here and there.

But, it's one thing to make an honest mistake, it's quite another to to go intoit trying to get around the rules.

I think i mis-stated that comment. I don't want to "get around" the rules and I have read the CMS rules and it's confusing. I just want to make sure i AM being compliant.

My question is, does anybody else sell HI and Cancer plans to MA beneficiaries? Would it be appropriate to contact people to discuss their medicare needs?

I think i mis-stated that comment. I don't want to "get around" the rules and I have read the CMS rules and it's confusing. I just want to make sure i AM being compliant.

My question is, does anybody else sell HI and Cancer plans to MA beneficiaries? Would it be appropriate to contact people to discuss their medicare needs?

If your calling to schedule an appointment to review MA plans then you know very well that CMS does not allow you to call medicare beneficiaries. I have never read any rules regarding calling people medicare age specifically to talke about HI and Cancer plans and then transitioning to MA or Med Supp....And as I think about it I don't think leading with HI and cancer plans would be a big appointment getter without mentioning a need for it ie holes in medicare.

Most scopes have a box you can check that mentions indemnity plans along with the MA.

A Scope of Appointment form that gives you the ability to talk to them about something besides MA in the same appointment, I've missed that one??

A Scope of Appointment form that gives you the ability to talk to them about something besides MA in the same appointment, I've missed that one??

One that I use states, 'CMS Approved 11/19/09' and gives the CMS codes to verify.
Covers:
Stand-alone PDP
MEdicare Advantage (Part C), MAPD, and other Medicare Plans
Dental/Vision/Hearing Products
Hospital Indemnity Products

When using any AARP product, I just use their scope. Does not mention indemnity on those.

Ask somebody from the U about following rules...also known as the University of Miami!

i think you asked the question wrong, but i think it is an interesting subject.

Back