Senior Dental and Vision Plan

The level of benefits for the money isn't bad. The one thing I don't like is the one time policy fee..In the old days, companies charged those fees and the agent received 100% of it. That made it easier for the agent to afford to write a monthly premium on an as earned basis since companies did not advance on health plans. Now, some companies still charge the fee but the agent doesn't get any of it.

Yep, I remember when I started we got $6 out of a $10 policy fee and $5 out of a $6 rider fee. On some of those little policies we made more on the policy and rider fees than commissions on the policy itself. That was our gas money.

Does Delta Dental offer individual dental policies?

Seniors ask me about it all the time. Even in my neck of the woods where TRICARE is king they still ask about dental.

Does anyone know for sure, I thought they only did group coverage.

Medico has a competitive DVH plan. Dental and vision plans in general, are not that great. But when people see them bundled into one package and see the prices for Medico, they generally feel that it is a pretty good deal

And their 40% commission isn't too shabby either...

Does Delta Dental offer individual dental policies?

Seniors ask me about it all the time. Even in my neck of the woods where TRICARE is king they still ask about dental.

Does anyone know for sure, I thought they only did group coverage.

In my area they do at least. Just go to deltadentalins.com and in the top right click register today and you can get appointed. I'd put in your zip first to make sure you have one available in your area.

I quit selling the UNL cancer becasue of the policy language. The policy sates it is a "First" Diagnosis cancer policy and the policy states in the benefits section that it will pay on the "first" diagnosis of cancer. According to that language it would not pay if you had a second diagnosis of cancer. For example the type of throat cancer I had often reappears down the road as a form of lung cancer. According to the UNL language it would not pay for treatment for the second diagnosis. Marketing says that even though that it is how it is worded, they actually do pay for the second diagnosis. Me? I tend to base my opinion on the actual policy wording not what someone 'says".

Update: A RD with UNL contacted by PM me as a result of his seeing this post. Nice guy. We talked about the policy language declaring it a "First Diagnosis Policy" . Said he was going to check a little deeper into it and would call me back not later than the next day. Didn't hear from him so I sent him a PM. No response do I guess he found out the language means what it says.

Update: A RD with UNL contacted by PM me as a result of his seeing this post. Nice guy. We talked about the policy language declaring it a "First Diagnosis Policy" . Said he was going to check a little deeper into it and would call me back not later than the next day. Didn't hear from him so I sent him a PM. No response do I guess he found out the language means what it says.

I got that same PM from him.

Back