Senior Life Insurance Company

Thanks for the info.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why would there ever be a difference in the capability of a laptop vs desktop?????

I only ask because some companies say that you must have a desk top computer and dsl internet. They won't allow a laptop or wireless internet. Thanks for your input..

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

I only ask because some companies say that you must have a desk top computer and dsl internet. They won't allow a laptop or wireless internet. Thanks for your input..

Guess they feel their proprietary data is better protected that way. You aren't going to walk off and leave the desktop at the local McDonald's and the data can't be easily intercepted.

Thanks for the info.

I have never heard of this desktop/laptop issue, and I have talked with almost every insurance company that offers simplified issue products as final expense door openers. If this is some IMO's then I would mosey down the road. There is no way that I would give up my MacPro for a desktop ever.:no:

I don't think it's a desk top, laptop issue it's how you access the internet. Wireless may not be as secure so they don't want you sending in ap's via wireless. You can have dsl to a laptop.

Just learned SL has no AM Best rating.. Are they rated by any of the recognized industry ratings agencies?

Last I checked which was a month ago, Weiss Ratings gave them a B- with 38.1 million in assets with no indicative change of positive or negative direction.

Last I checked which was a month ago, Weiss Ratings gave them a B- with 38.1 million in assets with no indicative change of positive or negative direction.

That's what I was told as well...If you sell their products,and want to have some E and O coverage , you will have to find a company that covers B rated companies

I am concerned that Senior Life is not rated by AM Best. They do however have an A+ rating from the BBB. Any thoughts?

I am concerned that Senior Life is not rated by AM Best. They do however have an A+ rating from the BBB. Any thoughts?

The BBB rating doesn't mean anything except that a company responds to any complaints.. it doesn't even indicate that a company settles the complaint satisfactorily.

I believe AIG (or some name similiar) had BIG problems about 3 yrs. ago and they had an A rating. What was Shenandoah's rating a few years ago when they went into receivership with the Dept. of Va.? Seems like Weiss, etc. doesn't mean as much as one would think.

Back