Senior Life Insurance Company

It does not matter what he tells you. He can only tell you an average. It is up to you what YOUR ratio will be. Why don't you just call him instead of going back and forth on here.

I'm not ignorant senior advisor. I know I would have to perform myself. That is exactly why I asked with the word AVERAGE. Thanks for your advice.

Yes, I do. I've been a RD with them for 13 years and they're an awesome company to work for! We're the nation's leader in Final Expense sales and I'm having the time of my life. Want to know more about us let me know.
PS: And my agents and managers are making tons of money!:1smile:

Thanks,

Charlie Speller Jr.
VP of Sales
Senior Life

Since Nobody Answered Im Guessing the Answer is NOPE.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Tom,
You may need to talk to me. The telephone sales in where it's at! I can speak from experience. I'm a RD with Senior Life and have been #1 in the country with both Lincoln Heritage and Senior Life as a personal producer. ($215,000)ALP with 89% persistancy and 7% NTO.
Telesales is Awesome! With the proper training I could have anyone who will work writing 8k to 10k per week! It's all in the confidence and work ethic. Persistancy isn't a problem if managers teach agents to sell need not greed and salt the sales down. Any questions, ask me. Have a great day. Happy selling.

PS: I'm always looking for good Managers and Agents. WE Train.

Charlie Speller
VP of Sales
Senior Life Ins. Co.

Ramiz said - "I am as lazy as the next guy, and have tried everything there is to be known to work out of home. "

It's not laziness - but rather time management for me. But - I sell very little FE via the phone - I actually hate it - but, will keep it in my bag I guess.

" But with seniors its not going to happen (phone sales). "

Actually Senior Life, Lincoln Heritage and Baltimore Life do it everyday. SL does over $10Million a month in AP via the phone to seniors - but the average AP looks to be under $2k a month per agent.

" I'd rather drive around all day and make a couple sales, than call people all day with one sale that wont stick for 2 or 3 months. "

1. I'm contemplating doing FE via pre-sets. I'm a team builder, so it's not like I want to personally sell anyway - just need a product that the training curve can be quick so we can teach the masses. If we do this - then we'll use Baltimore Life or Oxford (anyone got a good MGA or IMO Oxford contract?) in the homes.

2. Sticking 2 or 3 months seems to be the key. I'm not privy to all their info at SL - just want I see in our office and it seems to be less that 65%. 25% fall off before the initial withdrawal date. BL put a hold on their telesales until they could get their stickiness better.

Anything but MA's. I'm actually looking into marketing a partially Self Funded Group using a HDHP and a HRA program. Since we are going to be in certain areas - hooking up with a PPO Network and utilizing their contract rates seems to be a way to go as well - just wish I could make up my mind . . .

Either way we go - we have the capability to create our own leads and marketing. Recruiting and Training is the easy part . . .

Tom

Last edited:
Hi Tom,
You may need to talk to me. The telephone sales in where it's at! I can speak from experience. I'm a RD with Senior Life and have been #1 in the country with both Lincoln Heritage and Senior Life as a personal producer. ($215,000)ALP with 89% persistancy and 7% NTO.

So you're actually doing better than the 63% company average. and by 26%! You must be very good at what you do. I had agents calling me looking at Senior Life so I thought I would call them to see what they were all about. After the 2 messages I left and the 2 weeks it took for them to get back with me, all it took was for them to tell me they wanted me and my agents to be captive....what a joke!!:twitchy:

Last edited:
has anyone been through their 3 day training program? That sounds interesting. I see their in GA, Final expense and those southern states just seem to do better with FE. I'm in Michigan and Final expense just doesn't seem to be as popular in the Northern states. Has anyone noticed that?
Hi. The 3 day training is Awsome. Michigan does well in final expense. Believe me......Charlie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am from Thomasville, and personally I do not know anyone who has worked for this company, but I do know they have been around for a good bit.
Hi,
Thomasville is a great city. I've been with the Powells and Senior Life for 13 years. Awesome guys,Awesome company. You should check them out.....you won't regret it.

Charlie

Last edited:
Boy Charlie is really sold on Senior Life 'eh . . .

Only problem is they don't want you to have other contracts and the most you will ever get from them in commission is 100% AND they advance you 75% BUT withhold 20% of that in a "pass through" account that I imagine you never see . . .

There are GREAT people at SL - just need to be able to handle the kool aid is all . . .

Tom

Tom
They might have increase their commissions since you last talked with them. They offered me 125%. That was rather confusing because I was told before that by someone that the biggest they offered was a 110% to an NMO. This is just one more reason not to deal with them because one way or the other, I don't think they have their sh*t together.

I worked for them almost a year, they are the biggest rip offs in the insurance industry. They force you into buying close to $500 a week in leads. Every "check" you get goes toward leads, so you never get paid there.
Their management team is unprofessional, they are out for only themselves. They don't train you, they have their team members train you.
There is no security in the building, and they don't care about their agents. A young woman came in the building with scissors, and cut another lady's hair off, and no one called the police.
The Albany office is not run by professionals, rather by some puppets on a string. With seating for over 300 agents, there are barely 40 people in the entire building.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
I see that yall are talking with Charlie Speller, nice guy and all, but hes not being honest with you. He knows that the company isnt honest, but the easiest way for him to make a buck is to get people on board and have them sell something. Now he said that his agents and managers are making lots of money, but the question is....Are they getting paid? Not likely! Its been proven that people can put whatever they want on their "boards", but thats a lie as well.
Dont get sucked into this company, especially the "training facility" in Albany, its a bunch of nothing!

Back