Senior-Marketing.com

mikeincolumbuso

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I found this company on the internet unfortunately and I paid $500 for twenty pre set appointments. The telemarketers were calling from Taiwan and they spoke very poor/fast English. None of the seniors could understand a word they said. The appointments were terrible. Almost all of the folks said they had not requested to see an agent. I have ask them to reivew the leads to try and get some credits for the bad appointment, but I have not had much success yet. They still owe me six final expense appointments, but they are probably not able to get anyone to commit to see an agent because no one can understand the telemarketers. I would like to try to get my money back but that will probably never happen. If I am "lucky" they may be willing to replace some of the bad leads, but then all I will get is more bad leads. The moral to the story is: Make sure you understand what kind of lead you are getting for your money and try to use reputable companies that have been to you by satisfied agents and as time allows, perhaps you should hire your own person to set appointments for you.

Run..Hold that thought..Yup, Run...I sent them money also for the pre-set appointments and I think the speak " Let's talk really fast and get them to answer yes on anything to make the lead go through their so-called review people." Also I had ordered like 15, which were nothing and had a credit for two more..But.. They only set them in 3's ..Hmm..So I purchased 12..go figure.

I've never used pre-set appointments but not many people have success with them from what I hear. If you're unhappy with your uplline, give me a call. I may have a better option for you. If not, I'm more than willing to help you find a good fit for your situation.

As an institution I think preset home appointments are designed to fail, particularly when agents are only willing to pay a flat rate for them. Here is why:

-There is no way to gauge how many calls it will take to generate a quality telemarketed lead.
-That number becomes even more unpredictable when the companies are claiming the cost of a lead is fixed from area to area when we know different areas respond differently to telemarketing.
-What a telemarketer genuinely believes to be a good lead, might not be a good lead at all.
-What an agent thinks is a terrible lead, might be a good lead.
-Telemarketers need to be paid on an hourly basis, but there is no telling how many hours it will cost a company before they can generate a quality lead.
-If the number of hours it takes to generate a quality lead plus costs exceed what they are selling the leads for, they have to either lose money on the leads or claim low quality leads aren't as bad as they are.

That being said, if agents were interested in paying a telemarketing firm on an hourly basis to only receive quality leads then that would be a different story, but most agents aren't comfortable with the notion of paying an hourly rate to a lead vendor without some sort of a guarantee. The problem with that is that while other companies may guarantee lead volume, they rarely (if ever) are able to come good on the promised quality and volume.

Pre-set have never worked for me. Although, I may not have tried as many as I needed to... let's see what the future holds!!:goofy:

You may very well have just had the same experience you're going to have with as many as you run.

In my very humble opinion, any agent who pays money for "pre set appointments" secured by a telemarketer, especially one that the agent hasn't hired and trained, either has more dollars than "cents" or doesn't care if he goes broke before making any money.

They are "appointments", and I use the term very loosely, to do a "Medicare Review". That is assuming that the prospect has really agreed to an appointment on a specific day and time and is at home when the agent gets there.

A "Medicare Review" is typically an appointment with a prospect where the agent has no idea whether or not he can save the prospect money over what they are currently paying or if the prospect will qualify to take the policy. I consider those a waste of the agent's time and gas.

A true appointment for me is when I know exactly how much they are paying, they know exactly how much money I can save them and I have a very good idea that they are going to qualify. If there is any doubt about their answers to the health questions I will read all of them off of the application.

So when I set an appointment the prospect knows I'm coming to write an app and pick up a check.

I don't run very many appointments but when I do I close over 95% of them.

In my very humble opinion, any agent who pays money for "pre set appointments" secured by a telemarketer, especially one that the agent hasn't hired and trained, either has more dollars than "cents" or doesn't care if he goes broke before making any money.

They are "appointments", and I use the term very loosely, to do a "Medicare Review". That is assuming that the prospect has really agreed to an appointment on a specific day and time and is at home when the agent gets there.

A "Medicare Review" is typically an appointment with a prospect where the agent has no idea whether or not he can save the prospect money over what they are currently paying or if the prospect will qualify to take the policy. I consider those a waste of the agent's time and gas.

A true appointment for me is when I know exactly how much they are paying, they know exactly how much money I can save them and I have a very good idea that they are going to qualify. If there is any doubt about their answers to the health questions I will read all of them off of the application.

So when I set an appointment the prospect knows I'm coming to write an app and pick up a check.

I don't run very many appointments but when I do I close over 95% of them.

Very well said!!

Richard Rago

Back