Seniors Relying on Medicaid Office for Advice

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've noticed that it seems that those on Medicaid (regardless of partial or full benefit) seem to be very closed to meeting with an independent agent.

It's almost like those at the Medicaid office can do no wrong in the eyes of the client.

Usually if I meet with someone on Medicaid it's pretty close to a slam dunk. Here in FL they have a couple of good options. One being a PPO so they get greater network benefits and the other offering extra benefits like $50 month for OTC benefits.

Are you talking to T65's or over 65?

It's usually a slam dunk for me too, but I've found that it's really hard to get an appointment with someone that has already gone through their Medicaid office because the only recommendation they're getting is to get help with rx costs and spend down options.

I had a lady that I was supposed to follow up with after she got everything figured out, and when I called she had said that she has to pay part B premium and do a spend down and then Medicaid will help with rx.

She's still missing out on the expenses associated with Part A and B, but doesn't seem to care because her case worker said she just needed a drug plan.

Back