Seniors Scared to Change Companies

Klutch

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
A person will be paying a ridiculous amount for blue Cross plan F, and when I show them they can save hundreds of dollars per year and keep their same coverage, in some cases they still won't do it because they're reluctant to change companies.

How do you overcome this?

You get in the car and go to the next appt. lol.

Seriously, it's a hard concept for the customer to wrap their head around, I just do a more in depth presentation and show them all the supps I have and how each one is the same except the name on the book.

A person will be paying a ridiculous amount for blue Cross plan F, and when I show them they can save hundreds of dollars per year and keep their same coverage, in some cases they still won't do it because they're reluctant to change companies.

You are doing things backwards. They do not buy because they do not trust you. Spend more time on the warm up and less time on the close. You should never close they should buy.

They might believe you and do more research and buy from the next agent. They just do not trust you! IMO

Taz nailed it. You never connected and they probably felt pressured. You push seniors and they will push back. Give them some space and eventually they come around if you treat them right.

Yup, they're not buying because you have failed to earn their confidence.

I have found that Page 19 of the "2015 guide to choosing medigap" really helps. When I'm mailing an app package to a customer I paper clip it open to page 19 and highlight the important parts of that page. It goes at the top of the package so it's the first thing they see. Behind that I place quotes stapled to the outline of coverage for the plan they are interested in so they can see that different companies do in fact charge different premiums for the same plan.

I like to use easy to understand analogies like "shopping for a medigap plan is like shopping for a gallon of milk, first you decide if you like 2% or 1%, then you figure if Wal-Mart has a better price than frys, it's the same milk from a cow no matter how much you pay for it or where you buy it; with medigap plans you decide if you like plan f or plan g and then figure if moo has a better price than uhc, it's the same plan no matter how much you pay for it.".

The point here is you need to establish trust, by clearly illustrating the information you want them to understand. You can't always expect them to trust you based on your word alone, there has to be an ah-ha moment.

Klutch, don't take this as an insult, but how old are you? Age can work to your advantage in the senior market.

I do have a little grey in my beard (not as much as Bob)...but they can't see that over the phone..LOL.

so does gender.

I suppose, depending on where you are going with this. Roughly 80% (possibly higher) of my clients are female. This was true in the U65 market and continues on the same track with 65+

Back