SilverCare Insurance. Anyone have experience with them?

never heard of them but if you are interested in getting involved with a FMO that can prop you up and give you REAL quality leads and a broker platform from NORVAX, plus a bunch of other features all for free. GOHealth might be an option. www.trygohealth.com

If you pay your CA DOI license fees late, they can change the date on the web site to a current date, so it appears like you have been in business less than you have. This hapenned to me.

Not defending them or saying this might explain why a company like Silvercare says 10 years and DOI says since 2008.

Thanks!

DO NOT get involved with this FMO. They contract with several providers to market MA plans. This has been the worst business relationship I've ever had. I'm trying to get the last commissions due to me and they will not give me a date on which they will have reconciled commission reports and send me my money. They've had the funds from the provider for a month and STILL HAVE NO DATE ON WHICH THEY WILL PAY FINAL COMMISSIONS.

I'll update the status on this as soon as it is resolved. My next step is to contact the BBB. Does anyone have any advice on how an independent contractor can induce an agency to pay them what they are due?

Alicia

Contact PrePaidLegal. That dude hasn't been on the forum for quite a while, but he will send out a scarry (sic) letter. That's usually enough to light a fire under their feet!

i would write a letter to the president of the insurance company and cc, them. the insurance company will not do anything... but it will stain their reputation. lol.... call them 10 times a day, they will finally pay you. just to have you go away....in another words anoy them...

Last edited:
Might be a little late on this but I worked under them for the 2010-2011 Medicare season and here's my take: short story WATCH OUT!

I am in No. Ca. and maybe they do better in So. Ca.

The APPOINTMENTS they set were suspicious at the best. Seems like from what the beneficiaries told me when I went on their appointments is that the setters simply say "we're sending someone by with information about the new changes to Medicare, it'll only take a few minutes..." many people were under the notion that someone would just drop a packet off. Many would not let me in, many were not at home or wouldn't answer. Basically, the appointment setters don't properly screen the potential appointments for efficacy. A couple people insinuated to me when I showed up that the appointments were set fraudulently so I quickly told Silvercare NOT to give me anymore appointments. I did about $4000 of business/commission with them during the OEP. As of 6/13/2011 they still owe me for $2950- INEXCUSABLE. All the app's are in force and have been since 1/1/2011. So, I am perilously close to complaining to the DOI and suing them in small claims.

Their office is TOTALLY disorganized, sales manager didn't do ANYTHING as far s I could tell. The person "working commissions" has changed twice and doesn't do anything.

I am looking for a better FMO for this year. One that might actually pay me?

I made a single inquiry to them. They called me. And I did not call them back. And Called me. and called and called and called. Finally, I said.,"ok send me your contract". As I recall they got the renewals. That was all I needed to know.
They pay the the agents (I think) $100 per sale. BIG RIP. Get your own leads.

Here is my experience with Silver Care:
This AEP will be my third year working with Silver Care, there is no upfront fees you have to pay Silver Care to work with them, you pay a fee directly to AHIP to get the AHIP certification which is required by most health plans. And some of these health plans offer reimbursement if you submit a certain number of applications with them. They provide between 4 to 6 free appointments daily to agents. Just like everything, I had to go through the learning curve to figure out how to sell their appointments but once I figured out how to sell them, it was money in the bank. They offer two commission levels, a lower commission amount if the sale was generated from their appointments, and street level commission (highest commission level) if the sale was generated from my own lead. If you build a certain trust level with them, they will even advance you weekly on every enrollment you submit. I know several agents that actually have been doing business with Silver Care Insurance for several years and are doing real well. I know of an agent in Central California that received a check in excess of $60,000 just for the business he submitted last AEP. This is not for everyone, the ones that understand how to run the appointments and have the right skill, will actually appreciate the opportunity. I’ve worked with other agencies prior to Silver Care and they were the only agency that consistently provided me with the number of appointments I requested day in and day out and actually received commission payments for all the business that was issued. You can either get their free appointments and get the lower commission or buy your own leads and get the higher commission, at the end of the day; it amounts to almost the same. Good luck.

I worked with Silvercare for the last Medicare season and it was awful. I quickly became suspicious of their appointment setters. They told me NOT to call the appointments to confirm them and when I did show up it was apparent that the beneficiaries were told "were just going to send someone by to drop something from Medicare off. Will you be there to receive it?" This was bordering on fraudulent appointment setting and I was accused by a bene's daughter of such so I promoptly told the to cease setting appointments for me.

Subsequently, I did a lot of work in senior centers and garnered many of my own clients for which I was supposed to be paid $500 for each MA and $220 for each F supp I produced.

It is now July and I am still trying to get Silvercare to pay me $2000 in commisssions I earned...

My advice- stay away! I am seeking a release from them and will work with another FMO this year.

Back