SilverScript Choice Copays/Coins?

Right - they list that info (premium/0 ded), and the copay/coins for the Plus plan, just not copays/coins for the Choice plan. The company told me to call my marketing organization. I left a message with a rep at my FMO for SS.

I am just trying to assess the number of PDP clients that I will need to meet with this AEP.

If the T1 copays go from $0 to $4-5, then clients with several generics will probably want re-assess. Although the premium in AR went from $33 down to $17, so those with a few generics will probably be in a good spot still, even with paying a few $ for their T1's.

Although the premium in AR went from $33 down to $17, so those with a few generics will probably be in a good spot still, even with paying a few $ for their T1's.

Don't kid yourself. Anytime there is a change it will prompt a call once they fill their prescription the first time in the new year. It doesn't matter if you leave them on the same plan or move them to a new plan. It typically results in the following statement from the client:

Last year I only paid xx amount for my medication

This is even after I've shown them a comparison of their existing plan and the changes for the following year along with what their new plan will be like.

Personally, I run new comparisons for every client just to make sure we still have them on the lowest cost plan. It is extra work, but the last thing I want is for them to spend more than is necessary and ask why I didn't tell them about a cheaper plan. Fortunately when I get that call about "what I paid last year", I can point to the comparison I showed them and say, "don't you remember, we talked about the changes...".

Time to start getting ready boys and girls, it's about to get busy. :yes:

Yes - so true on the client's first-of-the-year response.

If SS is still at the top of the Plan Finder, I will reiterate several times - "you will pay X for your prescriptions when you pick them up in 2015, but remember you are paying $17 a month instead of $33.

Still, I anticipate, as you mentioned, the January calls about "not having to pay anything last yr." - I will be ready. I will still run a "plan finder" comparison report for their Rx, and will give them a call, I just won't schedule an appt to meet with them if SS will still be the least (or very close - I don't carry Humana) OOP for them.

Looks Like SS Choice may get a lot of the Cigna business. All of my calls so far have been upset Xtra members. All have gotten a "call me next week" reply.

Back