SL&C Home Health Care Too Good to Be True?

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Is anyone writing Standard Life and Casulaty's Home Health Care. If so, have you had any claims paid? The plan almost seems too good to be true. Those <age 70 can actually get back more than they pay every year in if they are taking any medications at all. Plus, the home care benefits are bad. Does not appear to require a period of hospitalization before being eligible for benefits.

Is anyone writing Standard Life and Casulaty's Home Health Care. If so, have you had any claims paid? The plan almost seems too good to be true. Those <age 70 can actually get back more than they pay every year in if they are taking any medications at all. Plus, the home care benefits are bad. Does not appear to require a period of hospitalization before being eligible for benefits.

It's not available to me, but I thought I read last year that they did away with it or something...guess not.

It's not available to me, but I thought I read last year that they did away with it or something...guess not.

They did away with their Medicare Supplement last year but not the HHC product.

----------

It is a clone of the plan that Kemper has been selling for 3 or 4 years. You're right that if a client were to take the time to submit the claims for their medications, it would pay for itself but if clients are like most of us, they'd stop submitting the claims after 6 months or so. I believe I had heard once that Kemper was only seeing clients submit RX claims for the first 6 or 7 months.

I know they are paying the RX claims but they're a little behind right now.

Hospitalization isn't required for clients to claim on the Home Health Care Benefits. The client's doc has to certify in writing that the client is unable to perform 2 or more ADL's.

The plan is currently available in AL,AR,GA,IN,LA,MS,MO,NV,NC,OH,OK,SC,SD,TN and UT.

Back