Slimebag Captive Monumental Agents

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am sick of dealing with Monumental agents where the home office is in Baltimore. In my region in TN, they will lie, cheat and do whatever they have to in order to get the sale. I wrote a man an $11,000 $130 mth FE with ACI. It was the only policy that would offer him first day coverage. a Monumental agent replaced it with a policy that was amended because of his health.

They ended up cancelling the policy I had sold him before his new one was approved. When it was approved, they were putting him on a $5,000 MODIFIED policy that was only a few dollars less than the $11k FIRST DAY coverage policy I wrote him. Fortunately I got his daughter involved and we got the $hit cancelled and the ACI reinstated.

I am so sick and tired of dealing with slimebag captive agents. They are a pathetic, desperate group of salesmen who will do anything to make a sale, and the clients pay the price ultimately.

Captive agents whether it be p&c or life are under a lot of pressure to keep their jobs or appointments. The production expectations to sell an often inferior or overpriced product is high. I'm glad I'm out of that environment now but I suppose ethics is thrown out the door when they are trying to make a sale to eat or keep their job.

It's sad but I know some good veteran captive agents it's the new hires I think that are doing dirty sales.

They are simply desperate. They can never win with anyone who shops and compares so they swoop in like vultures on the weak.

I had one trying to replace my 18 month old Monumental FE policy that was $15,000 coverage and once this *** had her through underwriting he had her taking an $11,000 policy at the same premium.

He told her Monumental would never pay the claim on my policy because of her health. She she was rock solid on mine and fit right within the standard health questions.

I threw him right under the bus with the client and Monumental both.

I worked for Monumental as a captive for 4 years, and I couldn't agree more. What you have are slimebag managers who threaten their agents on a daily basis to meet their weekly quota, and agents are more than happy to oblige because it's the only contract that offers a substantial service pay to the agents. The products are overpriced and the underwriting is horrendous. I"m so happy to be gone from there.

I recently replaced one that was written the day before I got there. The guy was a tobacco chewer and the lady asked "Have you smoked cigarettes in the last 12 months?" That's not the question on the app. The question on the app asks about tobacco use in any form.

I wrote an accurate app with Americo.

Back