Sneak Peaks and Rumors

Yea, so are we guessing here that the MA plans will have higher copays and costs going into hospitals? I would love to not worry about MA plans and only sell sups, but that is a pipe dream for now, I work in FL;)

Here here. I've done 10 sales this month and zero med supps. All MAPD's. :( I don't like seeing that

Here here. I've done 10 sales this month and zero med supps. All MAPD's. :( I don't like seeing that

You must be working on those PUPs special enrollment or just turning 65?

I don't market to the turning 65 since I figured it was such a competitive nightmare. I might change that soon though.

I haven't sold a supplement all year yet and waiting on the AEP. To be fair, I don't market plans or buy leads yet as I am still into the full time life agent mode. The transition later this year should be interesting.

Yea, so are we guessing here that the MA plans will have higher copays and costs going into hospitals?

I would love to not worry about MA plans and only sell sups, but that is a pipe dream for now, I work in FL;)

I do have a higher MA plans sold ration on my FL buis
but I still do close to 70% supplement in FL

Must be good in certain areas then, but not around here.

How are you marketing plans right now? calling a cold list? leads?

shared and exclusive internet leads
as well as live transfer leads

No cold calling never never again

probably wont even do shared much after this year

shared and exclusive internet leads
as well as live transfer leads

No cold calling never never again

probably wont even do shared much after this year

I hear you have to watch the sources on internet leads. I have done some for life and most if not all where crap. I still prefer a true telemarketer lead, a homegrown referral, or self promotion. I hear you can get decent mail returns if you have the right lead card.

I hear you have to watch the sources on internet leads. I have done some for life and most if not all where crap. I still prefer a true telemarketer lead, a homegrown referral, or self promotion. I hear you can get decent mail returns if you have the right lead card.

as far as mail returns I have heard the same

Although I haven't had that experience
I've tried 3 times I've made my money back
even a little profit on first year advance
but they have been as much work as a shared internet lead

referral I mean we all know those are the best
and I get my fair share
I am still a 1 man show but next year my wife is going to quit her job to help me in the office

I got a lot I want to do to get more referrals such as bday cards and so forth

live transfers are the least time consuming but expensive
so I don't make much 1 st year advance but easy deals easy renewals

the exclusive internet lead is somewhere in between and showing good first year advance profits

self promotion probably works well when you live and work mainly in 1 area
I am lic and work in over a dozen states
plus I am not interested in doing seminars or social media and what not

You must be working on those PUPs special enrollment or just turning 65? I don't market to the turning 65 since I figured it was such a competitive nightmare. I might change that soon though. I haven't sold a supplement all year yet and waiting on the AEP. To be fair, I don't market plans or buy leads yet as I am still into the full time life agent mode. The transition later this year should be interesting.

Got most of them done in June. Had 2 this month from pup that were referrals the rest are t65

Whether someone enrolls in a Medicare Supplement or a Medicare Advantage Plan is entirely due to how they feel about when to pay the money.

If you are a person who travels a great deal in retirement, and doesn't want to get "nickeled and dimed" for services rendered, then clearly a Medicare Supplement is the way to go.

If, however, you feel it is ridiculous to pay $200 PLUS $35 a month (for PDP) when you rarely go to the doctor, and only take an aspirin, then a Medicare Advantage is more to your liking.

Lest we forget, ladies and gentlemen, it is not our money, it is theirs. They should have a right to spend it as they see fit.

Oh, and for those of you who are going to bring up the, "what if they get cancer" excuse, a client of mine did get breast cancer, got excellent treatment, and was referred to a service - considered in network - who sends the results to MD Anderson for a second opinion. She has been on a MA plan for 5 years, and her MOOP for the chemo and everything was $6,500.

If she got a Medicare Supplement plus a PDP at the same time, that would come out to be $186/month for the supplement, and $26/month for the PDP.

Let's see, $186x12x5= $11,160 and $26x12x5= $1,560 and $11,160 + $1,560 = $12,702.

Yes, you are right! She would have saved a BOAT LOAD!

Now, I also sell Medicare Supplements, and can give you several examples where they are a better fit. I am just as passionate about Medicare Supplements.

For someone who needs cataract surgery, they are a MUST!
For someone who wants to be referred to only the BEST doctors, according to their family and friends, they are a must!
Easing their mind when going through chemo, not having to worry about any bills, they are a must!
Someone who lives in a rural area, they are a must!

There are two sides to every story.

I actually sell a little more Med Supps than MA. It's a 52/48 split

Whether someone enrolls in a Medicare Supplement or a Medicare Advantage Plan is entirely due to how they feel about when to pay the money. If you are a person who travels a great deal in retirement, and doesn't want to get "nickeled and dimed" for services rendered, then clearly a Medicare Supplement is the way to go. If, however, you feel it is ridiculous to pay $200 PLUS $35 a month (for PDP) when you rarely go to the doctor, and only take an aspirin, then a Medicare Advantage is more to your liking. Lest we forget, ladies and gentlemen, it is not our money, it is theirs. They should have a right to spend it as they see fit. Oh, and for those of you who are going to bring up the, "what if they get cancer" excuse, a client of mine did get breast cancer, got excellent treatment, and was referred to a service - considered in network - who sends the results to MD Anderson for a second opinion. She has been on a MA plan for 5 years, and her MOOP for the chemo and everything was $6,500. If she got a Medicare Supplement plus a PDP at the same time, that would come out to be $186/month for the supplement, and $26/month for the PDP. Let's see, $186x12x5= $11,160 and $26x12x5= $1,560 and $11,160 + $1,560 = $12,702. Yes, you are right! She would have saved a BOAT LOAD! Now, I also sell Medicare Supplements, and can give you several examples where they are a better fit. I am just as passionate about Medicare Supplements. For someone who needs cataract surgery, they are a MUST! For someone who wants to be referred to only the BEST doctors, according to their family and friends, they are a must! Easing their mind when going through chemo, not having to worry about any bills, they are a must! Someone who lives in a rural area, they are a must! There are two sides to every story. I actually sell a little more Med Supps than MA. It's a 52/48 split

How come its a must if you need cataract surgery?

Back