Sneak Peaks and Rumors

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone heard anything about what Humana or Coventry will be doing with their 2015 MAPD plans?

For what states? I am not sure on Humana as I don't sell for them but I have Aetna/Coventry info.

Last edited:
Right now it is all theoretical...as many of the plans are still waiting CMS final approval.

Last year, many carriers did not have final plans and rates in place until mid-September.

Well I'm disappointed in the CIP plans here in metro Atl....$29 premium and over $400/day copay in-hospital. Might be a hard sell

Well I'm disappointed in the CIP plans here in metro Atl....$29 premium and over $400/day copay in-hospital. Might be a hard sell

Awesome opportunity to sell More Supplement's

better plans with better retention and less customer service

Win Win

Depends....just got a call yesterday from a med sup bene who is tired of paying her premiums and wants an ma. Since she already talked to CIP (although not enrolled) I better do right by her, no?

In this business you will always be rearranging the deck chairs.

Depends....just got a call yesterday from a med sup bene who is tired of paying her premiums and wants an ma. Since she already talked to CIP (although not enrolled) I better do right by her, no?

In this business you will always be rearranging the deck chairs.

happens from time to time

but for the most part my Supp buiz stays

with the occasional call wanting to look into MA
80% of those stay in Supp

out of those that I switch 30% switch back to sup later under trial period SEP

but My MA buis So many calls Docs dropped out they didn't pay for this or that
got 20% bill for some test and there not happy (although most of those stay in MA but love to complain)

But most of all every AEP spend way too much time retaining old buis
then I would like

especially with things like last year AARP dropped docs in FL for 80% of my AARP advantage buis

the year before Empire blue cross NY dropped their Awesome PPO I had most of my empire blue clients in

few years ago it was anthem BC in CA

every year its someone with MA

unfortunately its necessary to sell it but I am much happier when I sell supp

Oh yes I agree that med sup business is the least aggravating. But some people always think they're missing out if they are paying a premium until they have a claim.

Yea, so are we guessing here that the MA plans will have higher copays and costs going into hospitals?

I would love to not worry about MA plans and only sell sups, but that is a pipe dream for now, I work in FL;)

Back