SOA Agent Method of Contact Question

thomasm

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nebraska
I'm not always sure what to write in as the Initial Method of Contact.

When I sell an MA that initiated from a callback from my direct mail campaign, should I just write in "Inbound Call" or "Direct Mail"?

The Humana SOA confuses me, the only option to check-mark that seems relevant is "Agent Contact" Does check-marking that option raise a red flag with CMS thinking it's an unsolicited contact?

After reading my contracts where it states that CMS has the right to audit any and all records I keep, I want to make sure I'm documenting exactly where the lead generated from. It doesn't seem like that's possible to do on these SOA forms.

I'm thinking of including a BRC with my mailings. From what I think I just read from talking the AHIP, if you have a documented permission to call, (BRC) a SOA is not necessary. Can anyone confirm that?

Side question: Can my CRM be adequately used as additional proof of record where the lead generated from originally, if i'm ever audited by CMS?

I'm not always sure what to write in as the Initial Method of Contact.

When I sell an MA that initiated from a callback from my direct mail campaign, should I just write in "Inbound Call" or "Direct Mail"?

The Humana SOA confuses me, the only option to check-mark that seems relevant is "Agent Contact" Does check-marking that option raise a red flag with CMS thinking it's an unsolicited contact?

After reading my contracts where it states that CMS has the right to audit any and all records I keep, I want to make sure I'm documenting exactly where the lead generated from. It doesn't seem like that's possible to do on these SOA forms.

I'm thinking of including a BRC with my mailings. From what I think I just read from talking the AHIP, if you have a documented permission to call, (BRC) a SOA is not necessary. Can anyone confirm that?

Side question: Can my CRM be adequately used as additional proof of record where the lead generated from originally, if i'm ever audited by CMS?

IB initial method of contact is the point at which prospect called you , no matter what prompted them to call , and you either talked with prospect at that time or they left a message asking you to call.OB initial contact is used for example when you are cold calling for med sups and prospect initiates conversation about MA or PDP or you are calling existing MA client to market another MA plan.Someone calling you directly from MA mail campaign would be BRC.Those are the 3 most common initial contact points

The notes you keep are your first line of defense in a he said she said situation and if it appears you keep thorough and consistent notes it's usually enough to keep you out of trouble.If there is ever an accusation of you making non compliant initial contact your phone company call log can establish who made initial phone call.

I wonder if it has ever gone that far, with CMS or doi, pulling a small agencies call records. Anyone ever hear of this?

I wonder if it has ever gone that far, with CMS or doi, pulling a small agencies call records. Anyone ever hear of this?
Read your contracts. Your signature grants both the carrier and any government agency, the right to audit "all documentation, policies, agreements, logs, procedures, etc"!

I think my first employee I hire will be a "compliance officer!" Second employee will be a legal consultant!

You still need the SOA if you're doing a f2f with client. BRC is not sufficient for meeting with them.

You still need the SOA if you're doing a f2f with client. BRC is not sufficient for meeting with them.
True, IF you discuss plan specifics of an MA or PDP plan. Not required for a med supp only appt.

Back