Soa on Telephonic Sales

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Aetna says cms put out a new requirement this year mandating soa on telephone sales calls. Anyone else hear this?

Aetna says cms put out a new requirement this year mandating soa on telephone sales calls. Anyone else hear this?

Although anything is possible, how can you get a scope of appointment when there is no appointment.

There is an MA carrier here that insists on a scope but we are to write "not face to face" or some other BS on the form. I wrote one plan with them and decided that their management was too stupid for me to use. I recommended them to SAI.

Rick

Although anything is possible, how can you get a scope of appointment when there is no appointment. There is an MA carrier here that insists on a scope but we are to write "not face to face" or some other BS on the form. I wrote one plan with them and decided that their management was too stupid for me to use. I recommended them to SAI. Rick

Is SAI even licensed?

You know I have always been told that Aetna requires Scope for phone sales (the only one I know of)

Now as far as new CMS rule requiring scope for phone sales, I had heard this from one of my FMO's right as she was telling me about some Aetna updates. I have asked my other FMO's as well as other Agents and No One else has heard this.

I chalk it up to misinfo from Aetna, If it were true it would have been known on this forum as of now. I heard about this maybe a month ago

You know I have always been told that Aetna requires Scope for phone sales (the only one I know of)

Now as far as new CMS rule requiring scope for phone sales, I had heard this from one of my FMO's right as she was telling me about some Aetna updates. I have asked my other FMO's as well as other Agents and No One else has heard this.

I chalk it up to misinfo from Aetna, If it were true it would have been known on this forum as of now. I heard about this maybe a month ago

Unless they have changed it in the past two weeks that has not changed CMS doesn't say you have to get scope for telephonic.

Unless they have changed it in the past two weeks that has not changed CMS doesn't say you have to get scope for telephonic.

If you look at the Medicare Marketing Guidelines Chapter 2 Section 70.9.2 "Personal/Individual Marketing Appointments", it now classifies a one on one meeting with a beneficiary to be a conference call. It states it would require a SOA for telephonic meetings.

"All Plan/Part D Sponsor one-on-one appointments with beneficiaries, regardless of the venue (e.g., in home, conference call, library), are considered sales/marketing events and must follow the scope of appointment guidance"

The other side of that, it wasn't requirement last year, but now seems like it is. Which means, it should be in red (indicating changes from year to year in their updates), so I dont know if it was a mistake, but either way, that's what the regulations state now.

Back