Social Service Coordinators

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know anything about Social Service Coordinators ? They keep calling my MA clients trying to get their bank information.

Re: Social Service Coordinatorars

Does anyone know anything about Social Service Coordinators ? They keep calling my MA clients trying to get their bank information.

Never heard of them but it sounds like a scam....companies do not call people up and ask for banking info over the phone

We have a lot of this also happening. United Health Care (and possibly other companies) has contracted some folks, I think out of Florida, on the phones to try to help clients with qualifying for drug assistance. One of the first calls we got on this was from a retired policewoman, ready to report them as a scam.

I did some investigating on my own, and was convinced it was on the up and up. I just wish they would notify agents what was happening and give us contact information to help try to answer client's questions.

I'm using them to help some folks apply for Medicaid and LIS. They fill out the paperwork for the client and submit it. It's legit. The idea is that you put them in contact with SSC and get your scope at the same time. Then you can go back in with a Dual SNP or other suitable product if they wind up with an SEP.

I don't understand are they charging agents to do this or is it a free service to help low income? How do you contact them? Who has contracted them to call seniors?

Sorry about the lag time in getting a reply. This is a free service-both for the agent and the beneficiary (but not the MA company.) They don't contact the beneficiary until they've got a signed request for assistance from them. When I've got a beneficiary who's interested, we fill out the form and I fax it in to the MA company. They forward it on to SCC. SCC contacts the beneficiary and helps them get Medicaid/LIS.

Hope that helps.

Aaron

I have helped people appeal for their denied disability...who else can navigate the laws so well but the companies who fight for the rights of their clients.

This company is not a scam; That is what Social Service Coordinators does- serve the people. We need more expert representation in this field of insurance, services and benefits!

I have had many of these calls to my ma customers, its a coordination of care phone call but the NEVER ask for banking information.

Social Service Coordinators®, Inc. (SSC) is a private social service organization that contracts with Medicare Advantage Organizations to provide free education and assistance to enroll individuals into an array of federal, state and local social programs. SSC also provides ongoing support to help those individuals retain the benefits for which they have qualified.

Even if these people are on the up and up....they are calling consumers and asking for banking info and social security numbers. They did so today. My husband has medicare and I do not so why would they need my social security number too? This does not sound right at all. I don't want their help...I do not trust them...I do not know who these people are and you are NEVER supposed to give your social security number or bank information to ANYONE over the phone for any reason.

Latest posts

Back