SNP'S and the VA Drs

policy doctor

Guru
1000 Post Club
If a vet wants to join a SNP plan for diabetics, or Heart, but does not have a private PCP because he uses the VA, would the VA dr sign the Chronic Verification form faxed to him, so he can sign up with a MAPD company?

Have a prospect interested in having access to private care but does not have a current private pay dr.

As the go to expert in the snp world.. assign him a pcp in the plan you want him to go to, and then fax that form to that pcp.. be sure he has a real chronic illness.. just having hi sugar wont work. they must be chronic

Think I'm a lil confused here. I'm talking about CIP RPPO so why would any dr unfamiliar with the patient just sign the verification? And they have to fax that in within a few days...most 30 days or co will disenroll him.

Now i did think of encourageing him to pick a dr that will take the network just for a basic exam. Once dr establishes he is a diabetic...I could enroll him for the following month.

If a vet wants to join a SNP plan for diabetics, or Heart, but does not have a private PCP because he uses the VA, would the VA dr sign the Chronic Verification form faxed to him, so he can sign up with a MAPD company?

Have a prospect interested in having access to private care but does not have a current private pay dr.

Since the admin is run a bit differently on the VA side I might have the member hand carry to his physician. I am assuming that there are not any strong HMO plans in the area?

To answer your question (without any commentary), yes, the plan should accept a chronic verification form signed by any physician.

What advantage is it to him to go on a Chronic plan?

Well there is no disadvantage either and supposedly they offer services that other mapd's do not. Are you not familiar with the SNP's? Some of my clients have been on one for several years and just love it.

Well there is no disadvantage either and supposedly they offer services that other mapd's do not. Are you not familiar with the SNP's? Some of my clients have been on one for several years and just love it.

What company is that and what do they like about it?

Back