Spend Down And Med Supp?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
How does it work when some one had a medicaid spend down?

I had been told by a recruiter a year or 2 ago that it would be helpful for some with spend down to get medsupp because the premium goes towards the spend down and it gives them freedom of choice with doc's.

Now I have not used this till just recently ran into lead in MO. has spend down, I don't remember the amount except that supp is only maybe half maybe a little more of the amount but def not the whole amount. Based on what I was told in the past seems no brainer, Except I just got decline due to medicaid eligibility. What am I missing here?

As I understand it, Med Sups are subject to underwriting unless written during the Individual Open Enrollment period or other Special Enrollment Period.

As I understand it, Med Sups are subject to underwriting unless written during the Individual Open Enrollment period or other Special Enrollment Period.

It is OE but underwriting or not is not even in question, It was declined due to medicaid eligibility.

Thats Alright it is my fault, I see now on the medicaid question it does say put no if not met spend down. I have to call monday and find out if they would let me do correction or if a whole new app will be needed.

Back