Stand Alone Dental Plan

nonie

Expert
I'm in Texas I need a really good stand alone dental plan for my clients. Some of them need dentures, partials, and basic dental work. What is a good dental plan? And why?

I'm in Texas I need a really good stand alone dental plan for my clients. Some of them need dentures, partials, and basic dental work. What is a good dental plan? And why?

There is no such animal.

There are no great stand alone dental plans. But in Texas there is an okay one with Security Life for those who insist they must have dental. No waiting periods for any services. $2K annual benefit for $30-34 per month depending on zip code. 100% for preventive, 50% for basic (increases to 65% after 2 years), and 50% for major services. Half the annual benefit can be used for major services. Includes the Dentemax and Careington PPO networks but allows any licensed dentist. Patient pays difference between usual and customary and network rate. My understanding is that these benefits are not the same as their plans in most other states. I don't exactly recall the commission. My clients have liked it.

There are no great stand alone dental plans. But in Texas there is an okay one with Security Life for those who insist they must have dental. No waiting periods for any services. $2K annual benefit for $30-34 per month depending on zip code. 100% for preventive, 50% for basic (increases to 65% after 2 years), and 50% for major services. Half the annual benefit can be used for major services. Includes the Dentemax and Careington PPO networks but allows any licensed dentist. Patient pays difference between usual and customary and network rate. My understanding is that these benefits are not the same as their plans in most other states. I don't exactly recall the commission. My clients have liked it.

Ah, security life was what I was gonna mention as well. I just got contracted with them - they have a pretty nice program.

Yeah, security life only does dental, so you know they have to stay competitive, it's their lifeblood. Delta dental also has some decent plans last time i checked.

With enhancedcare's Smart Choices you get protection from spending more than you should, and the peace of mind when you do need care:
Unlimited access to trusted and reliable Nurse Health Coaches within 30 seconds in 150 Languages
24/7/365 access to a licensed physician in any state, at any time, including off hours, weekends and while traveling
Doctors' who can prescribe medication and order lab work for further consultation when necessary for only $5 - $10 per consultation
Alternative care education portal and have access to Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, and Naturopathic treatments
Access to thousands of health care providers at pre-negotiated discounts
Dental discounts (including cleanings, X-rays, preventive care, crowns, even braces!)
Hearing care (including exams and hearing aids)
Vision care (including exams and eyeglasses)

A good dental plan for agents is to never sell dental plans to your medicare clients if you want to keep them happy.I am still looking for an agent who doesn't sell medicare products to refer all the seniors who ask me about dental coverage and I hate to even recommend dental plans to my clients because if they call a carrier such as BCBS they will end up talking with an agent who also sells medicare products.

I agree no sella the dental. My statement is I have not found one that I see value in but I do know a lot of people like Delta. Maybe call them? They ask for phone number I say not sure remember I don't sell it. Stay away from it. Btw most people who want it need a crown like tomorrow and would like to pay $30 in premiums to have that $1200 procedure covered lol.

If they want it...why not sell it?

I've sold Anthem's, Medico's and UHOne's. One guy complained when Medico went up in premium... that that's the only complaint I think I've ever gotten.

I don't push dental, but if they want it, I'll take the comp...

I'm not pushing dental either but none of the MAPD's here in TX offer dental so people are asking.

Latest posts

Back