Sterling Life Medicare Supplement

senior-advisor-indiana

Guru
5000 Post Club
Indiana
Their rates look decent here in a couple spots in IN. I am considering contracting with them. Their UW questions are similar to everyone else but look good for non insulin diabetics.

I called to them to ask how their UW works, they do an RX check but not MIB. If they get an odd claim then they will run the MIB at that time and possibly rescind the policy, which worries me a little bit. Does anyone have any experience with them? I think they are pretty new to the independent
force.

Their rates look decent here in a couple spots in IN. I am considering contracting with them. Their UW questions are similar to everyone else but look good for non insulin diabetics.

I called to them to ask how their UW works, they do an RX check but not MIB. If they get an odd claim then they will run the MIB at that time and possibly rescind the policy, which worries me a little bit. Does anyone have any experience with them? I think they are pretty new to the independent
force.

Was their commission good? Let's keep things in perspective.... :twitchy:

I would NEVER write for a med sup company that does underwriting after a policy is issued. This would be a nightmare of it ever happened to one of your customers!

force.

I just looked at their rates for Noblesville for F, G and N and they're around 20% higher than the lowest....and that's after they lowered their rates 36% 3/1/2015. They're even more out of the ballpark here.

I've never dealt with them. A former Branch Mgr. I had with PMIC tried to recruit me to them about 15 years ago, and I passed. I think they were mostly MA then.

----------

Are there any other companies that do that? I agree. It would be a nightmare.

I don't know of any companies that UW Med Supps at claim time anymore. That was more popular in the 90's. The last company I wrote for that did that was Lincoln Heritage.

I never had a policy rescinded. As long as you don't clean sheet it and they don't lie, you shouldn't have a problem. I'd sure have a long conversation with an UW and understand their health questions before I'd write one for them though.

I would NEVER write for a med sup company that does underwriting after a policy is issued. This would be a nightmare of it ever happened to one of your customers!

Yes, I think that is going to be a deal breaker.

----------

I just looked at their rates for Noblesville for F, G and N and they're around 20% higher than the lowest....and that's after they lowered their rates 36% 3/1/2015. They're even more out of the ballpark here.

I've never dealt with them. A former Branch Mgr. I had with PMIC tried to recruit me to them about 15 years ago, and I passed. I think they were mostly MA then.

----------

I don't know of any companies that UW Med Supps at claim time anymore. That was more popular in the 90's. The last company I wrote for that did that was Lincoln Heritage.

I never had a policy rescinded. As long as you don't clean sheet it and they don't lie, you shouldn't have a problem. I'd sure have a long conversation with an UW and understand their health questions before I'd write one for them though.

They show up as the second lowest carrier in the NW corner...

Back