Stonebridge Med Supps CA

CABenefits

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
They really suck. They can't get the birthday rule right. They have stalled the app 30 days wanting proof of prior coverage. Then a copy of the ID card. Now they want all new signatures since the app is 30 days old. They really suck. That's all

Don't all carriers require that?

A good thing about Stonebridge is that they pay commission on the Birthday Rule. Some carriers don't.

I only have a few clients with them, but the only annoying thing I've experienced so far is that on the last app I wrote, it was clearly checked on the app to send policy to owner. Instead they sent it to me, and I'm in another state. Very inconvenient.

clearly checked on the app to send policy to owner. Instead they sent it to me, and I'm in another state. Very inconvenient.

You don't have a post office in your area?

Don't all carriers require that?

A good thing about Stonebridge is that they pay commission on the Birthday Rule. Some carriers don't.

I only have a few clients with them, but the only annoying thing I've experienced so far is that on the last app I wrote, it was clearly checked on the app to send policy to owner. Instead they sent it to me, and I'm in another state. Very inconvenient.

Birthday rule is open enrollment and paid at full commission by law.

Stonebridge is a royal pita because they are not allowing a future effective date for many clients. It's so bad I complained to the DOI for their anti consumer rules.

Rick

Birthday rule is open enrollment and paid at full commission by law.

I was stupid and didn't look at commission schedule ahead of time, and switched someone to an Everence policy for b-day rule, and they didn't pay on it.

I thought that was "off" because I was talking to someone at Standard Life about it, and they said, Birthday Rule is "open enrollment," not GI. I know many carriers don't pay on GI (like losing a MA plan).

How can they get away with this if it's full commission by law? I wonder if they could be exempt somehow if they are a religious organization?

I was stupid and didn't look at commission schedule ahead of time, and switched someone to an Everence policy for b-day rule, and they didn't pay on it.

I thought that was "off" because I was talking to someone at Standard Life about it, and they said, Birthday Rule is "open enrollment," not GI. I know many carriers don't pay on GI (like losing a MA plan).

How can they get away with this if it's full commission by law? I wonder if they could be exempt somehow if they are a religious organization?

They're not exempt. I'd fight it.

Rick

My upline says they checked with Stonebridge (twice, because I brought up this thread) and they said the birthday is GI, not OE because of no health questions. Blue Shield told me GI also.

If it's the law, I'd like to be able to cite it to prove our point.

My upline says they checked with Stonebridge (twice, because I brought up this thread) and they said the birthday is GI, not OE because of no health questions. Blue Shield told me GI also.

If it's the law, I'd like to be able to cite it to prove our point.

It's open enrollment which like T65 gives a GI into a supplement.

Note the Q&A on page 2 of this. http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0120-notices/upload/NoticeMedigapChanges2010.pdf

As we all know, insurance companies don't always interpret the law correctly. I had to teach Stonebridge a couple of things. Now I find them so inconsistent in administering this rule that I've only written 2 plans with them this year.

Rick

Latest posts

Back