Stonebridge - A New Player In The Med Sup Game

I also think it's curious that you are *against* the idea of an agent learning to cold call themselves initially and think it's a better investment of their time and energy to learn to sell on expensive telemarketed leads rather than spend a few months or even weeks dialing on their own.

Not curious at all that an agent should be initially taught to work smart and not hard. After all, it's what you do, isn't it?

There isn't a sales trainer worth his weight today, except Banker's Life and Frank, that teach you to sit down at a phone with a list.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I believe that Sam is also against agents getting above street contracts.....He is a hell of a guy.

Now you're showing ignorance, too. Yeah, all agents should have assigned contracts and make $1 an hour. I have nothing to sell you, my friend.

Where you get this stuff?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
he just wants to argue.

I think it's about time someone exposes the compensated endorsers that run around patting each other on the back and sharing new agent blood to spend on their antiquated business model. The same one that ensures a 90+% failure rate and frustration.

a

Last edited:
Wow.

I was hoping to take this thread in a different direction and inject some foolishness to change the tone. Guess that did not work.

I don't know what Jackson's beef is with Josh, Frank or Daytona but all this bickering is petty.

Josh has been generous with his time, advice and even offered free lists on occasion.

Frank has been exceptionally generous both online and off, in answering questions, offering advice and helping others to make a living without spending a lot of cash (which most new agents are lacking).

When I transitioned to personal product I did a lot of different things to find prospects. I took commission cuts in exchange for "free" leads, did mailing, went door to door (business) and even bought lists to cold call.

All of these methods were profitable, some more than others, but all worked when I did.

Personally, I don't cold call any more but if I had to I would. I don't buy leads as a general rule but have purchased a few over the last few years just to see if that was a good way to supplement my other prospecting methods.

This forum has been invaluable to me and a lot of other folks and I am glad to have been a part of it and learned from some who have been successful in finding or creating a profitable niche.

This forum has been invaluable to me and a lot of other folks and I am glad to have been a part of it and learned from some who have been successful in finding or creating a profitable niche.

No doubt..and I've done LOTS more reading than I've done posting.. I appreciate the posts that you've contributed, for instance. And it's a great repository for ideas and methods.

Cold calling just absolutely stinks as a business model for building one's agency, and I hope the brand new folks try their best to move away from it to more productive methods just as soon as possible... for their sake.

asdf;

Sam, I'm certainly not advocating cold calling as it is not a method I use. But for SOME, it works. All I've heard from you is b*tching and complaining about Frank's antiquated methods and talking about working smarter, not harder (I'm all for that - that's why the majority of my business is done over the phone and through the mail.) However, there is one BIG item missing from your rants. That one BIG thing is your alternative to what Frank recommends (or Josh for that matter).

If I've learned anything from 23 years in this business it's that there are multiple ways for people to make a living. For example, there are guys in the FE business who buy leads and just show up on the persons doorstep. That's way too much work for me, but for some it works. Then there are those who might "walk and talk" to small businesses. Some do mailers. Some buy internet leads. Some develop their own websites which eventually creates leads for them.

So, since Frank and Josh have offended you so greatly, and their methods obviously suck, why not offer an alternative? Of course, the way you've presented yourself on the forum it may be tough for you to get any buyers. But I am one who is eager to hear why your method (whatever it is) is so much better than another persons method.

Sam, I'm certainly not advocating cold calling as it is not a method I use. But for SOME, it works.

Nope, I have nothing to sell here.

I have no problem with someone trying to help new agents.
That's great! And you're right, for some it does work.

But my frustration lies only with these two giving advice pointing to each other without a disclaimer that they're compensating each other for the courtesy. It's not out of the goodness of their heart that Frank says to buy Josh's list and Josh turns and says to get contracts from Frank. It's just "dirty pool" as Josh says.

Clearly neither one does what they advocate, it's just a means to an end - inside the new agent's pocket to buy their wares.

So, I have nothing to sell.

But my frustration lies only with these two giving advice pointing to each other without a disclaimer that they're compensating each other for the courtesy. It's not out of the goodness of their heart that Frank says to buy Josh's list and Josh turns and says to get contracts from Frank. It's just "dirty pool" as Josh says.

At this point I get the impression you're inconsolable, but if you're frustration is truly about the above, this might help you be less frustrated.

I endorsed Frank long before I started selling lists.

While I appreciate that Frank sends clients my way and it's true that he does, the amount of my data business he sends my way probably accounts for less than 5% of my data sales. I sold one annuity last year that made me three times what I made off of every agent Frank sent my way combined.

I've also been a proponent of cold calling since before I started reselling and in fact, the main reason I became I reseller is because the folks I kept referring to people to buy their lists from (which is the same place I bought mine from) kept trying to get me setup to as a reseller and after a few years of them suggesting it, I finally saw the light and added it to my portfolio. Since then it's really taken off, but it's more of a situation where I'm getting paid to do work I was already doing, specifically talking to folks about cold calling lists.

In short, Frank and I don't have any formal agreement and initially I was recommending Frank "out of the goodness of my heart" or perhaps more accurately put, because I really believe he offers a tremendous value for what he charges for his services. I might also add that Frank is not the only person that recommends me for cold calling lists and that at the moment, I have no formal agreement for compensation of any kind with anyone promoting my lists with the exception of SalesDialers.com.

Does that make you feel better about any of it?

Look, I've had my disagreements with Josh, but if Frank's recommendation for new agents or agents without much money to market, is to buy a list and cold call, does it hurt to recommend a guy who apparently has very low cost lists?

Would you prefer if Frank just said go out and buy a list somewhere or provide the new agent with a place to get a low cost list? Is Frank getting a kick back from Josh, I don't know.

Either way, your constant harping on the issue is getting old. It appears you have made it your mission to "expose" some great travesty that others just don't see or care about. Maybe you can start your own forum and Frank and Josh can be the only two topics you discuss. Good luck with that.

giving advice pointing to each other without a disclaimer that they're compensating each other for the courtesy.

So . . . how much is Frank paying Josh and vice versa for the referrals?

Back