Stonebridge Selling Against Us?

That is partially correct, but Trans has a direct to consumer product that is less than Stonebridge. They said in Panama that they are in the process of dropping it but as of now they are competiting against us.

The fact that this exists, regardless of any promises of dropping it (Hey, I won't punch you in the face anymore, I promise) is complete BS to me.

I never liked this company due to their ridiculous amendments on paper apps to their health claims adjustment, to now this.

They act all happy and high on their webinars trying to get to you Ireland, but beware of the wolf in sheep's clothing.

I first noticed Transamerica was undercutting independents throuh professional organizations. i had a doctor last yr who used the AMA and saved at least $25 on a plan F.

I just noticed the new T.P. on csg recently, was calling in to see if I needed new aps, but learning that they are now undercutting us like this, I won't need any.

Glad I've only given them a dozen or so.

why should this surprise anyone? It makes sense some companies would choose to sell direct in this day in age. Offer Stonebridge if its cheaper than your other plans, and leave TPL off the table all together. As professional agents we should be educating our clients and showing them options. If all your doing is bumping out quotes, they got the internet for that. Show them a Plan G saving them more than the Part B deductible and put a couple hundred extra bucks in their pocket. Call centers want do that for them. Take it one step further and show a reasonably health senior the money they can bank with a HPF, now you just gave them a couple of things to look at besides just a quote for a Plan F.

Take it one step further and show a reasonably health senior the money they can bank with a HPF, now you just gave them a couple of things to look at besides just a quote for a Plan F.

I assume HPF is code used by UA agents for what everyone else calls HDF.

How much money do you make off the paired annuity?

I assume HPF is code used by UA agents for what everyone else calls HDF.

How much money do you make off the paired annuity?

Sorry, I meant HDF, late and hard to read these posts sometimes. In my state UA does have pretty low priced HDF though, cheapest of em all. And you save a lot in premium each year, you have a problem with that? You say it "by UA agents" as if it was a bad thing. Im not an UA agent, but for the right person I like the idea. Its all about whats a good deal for the client. Personally, Id much rather sway someone towards a Plan G, but for some that HDF, with a premium payback in 18 mos in my state doesnt look all bad either.

And even if there was any commission there I dont think your going to expect much for a couple of thousand bucks a year. Whats that about a 40$ commission? I woudnt go out looking for the business but to be able to show folks some different options to get in the door, it has a nice play to it. And if it rings up now you have a few dollars to work with for one of those FE policies so many people cant seem to afford. I dont know, just playing with the idea. Always looking for something different to talk to people about getting in the door. Hopefully you just end up writing them into a plan g or a less expensive plan f, but at least your having a conversation with them and they see your showing them something different than the majority of agents are. If its just a quote your giving them, well hell they can get that direct or online, and wasnt that the beginning of this thread in the first place?

Last edited:
I write a handful of HDF plans and have no issue with earning $75 commission. It's more than I had yesterday. I don't go looking for prospects for HDF but if it's the plan that makes the most sense then I write it.

However, I tried to use UA and decided they're not worth the hassle. When I write HDF I use Standard Life. Much more agent friendly and higher commission.

Rick

Back