Stonebridge Supps Gone from CA, FL, 2 Other States

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
We know they're changing the name to Transamerica Premier whatever, but as part of an email I received today came this:

• As we work through our transition, we are unable to continue to sell in the states of AK, CA, FL and HI for Medicare Supplement on Stonebridge Life

While I think I was wrong once in the distance past, I don't think I'm wrong in saying my goodbyes to Stonebridge in CA. Their statement seems pretty final.

They have the lowest priced Plan F in most of the counties younger than about 75. Most of my business is Plan N but even so I placed a decent amount of business.

I won't miss the PITA they are for agents but I will miss their low premiums.

Rick

I got appointed with them because of you.
Then, I had to listen to your CSR horror stories.
Thankfully, didn't place anything with them.

You're welcome.

BTW, you might consider adding Assurant to your IFP offerings. I heard they have a great network.

Rick

Last edited:
Stonebridge is the only carrier in my area of Florida whose rates compete with UHC and Florida Blue so I have used them. The new company has not been approved by the department of insurance and as soon as they are they will be back as Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company.

The problems are, when will Transamerica Premier be approved (could be a long wait), and will they have the same rates?

Will existing Stonebridge become Premier? We shall see.

BTW, you might consider adding Assurant to your IFP offerings.

Wrote a family of 5 last month with Assurant. $1200 in monthly premium at 1% commission. Now I probably have to re-write them again Jan 1st.
$15/hour at McDonalds is sounding good. Is Luke hiring?

The problems are, when will Transamerica Premier be approved (could be a long wait), and will they have the same rates?

Will existing Stonebridge become Premier? We shall see.

My guess is that they're gone for good. They never said "we'll be back later."

Rick

Wrote a family of 5 last month with Assurant. $1200 in monthly premium at 1% commission. Now I probably have to re-write them again Jan 1st.
$15/hour at McDonalds is sounding good. Is Luke hiring?

Thought he went to KFC.

My guess is that they're gone for good. They never said "we'll be back later."

Rick

Checked on FL DOI website. They have filed for Certificate of Assumption to new name. It's currently pending/open. Nothing on there about taking on new business. From what I've seen....bye bye for Florida for them for new business.

Back